Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'FW190D-9'.
Found 3 results
Dear Friends Christmas was good for progressing my Focke Wulf projects. This is the Tamiya 1/72 kit with Resi-cast PE And Brassin wheels Oh and brass MGs and cannon from Master I think? Markings are for JG6 who I think were ex-bomber pilots hastily converted to fighters Hope you like it? Andrew
My next effort. This has also been sitting in the loft for a while. I think this is the Hasegawa kit in a Revell box. Lovely kit, goes together really well. The option I chose has the larger Ta152 tail assembly. I chose to finish the kit in the colours of "brown 4" of JG26 and example found in April 1945. This particular machine has the subject of many discussions about its colour scheme, all based on a couple of black and white photos. I've chosen what seems to be considered to be the most likely colours. Eventually I used 7 colours. It has RLM 75 and RLM 71 on the wings, RLM 81 and 82 on the fuselage, the made-up RLM 84 on the centre fuselage and RLM 76 on the nose and tail undersides. The underside also a natural metal section as well. All were sprayed on Vallejo colours except the RLM 76 whcih an Xtracolour shade. I didn't like the Vallejo colour. I had a problem with decal silvering, something I haven't had for years. Being used to Xtracrylic colours all being gloss, silvering has never been an issue. I struggled with the Vallejo gloss varnish to get smooth even finish. The flat coat was fine.I'll try another gloss coat n the next kit. Anyway, here it is. Thanks for looking.
Hey guys! Here's my latest completion, Eduard's Fw190D-9 with the Ta152 tail. WIP here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234941449-148-eduard-fw190d-9-late-the-infamous-brown-4/ Okay, a quick rundown of the build: Cockpit: - Ultracast seat - Quickboost control column - Various scratch details - Color PE instrument panel repainted to match cockpit - Coaming pad built up with Mr.Surfacer Exterior: - MDC spinner/prop blades - Quickboost exhaust - Ultracast wheels - Quickboost pitot tube - Aires cowl gun barrels - Hypo tubing for wing root gun barrels - Exhaust shield and wing root stiffeners added from styrene - Tamiya canopy/headrest/armor - Tamiya morane antenna, end replaced with wire - Staple used for DF Loop antenna - Wire used for FuG25 antenna and gear indicators - EZ Line used for aerial antenna wire - Brake lines added from wire - Gun camera drilled out and filled with Krystal Klear for lens - Additional rivets added Paint: - Mr.Color lacquers thinned with Mr.Color Leveling Thinner - Alclads for metal surfaces - Exhaust stain done with Tamiya acrylics - Crosses and swastikas painted on with Montex masks - EagleCals #126 used for remaining markings - Vallejo Matte Varnish for flat coat - Prismacolor colored pencil for light wing root chipping You can also see more here: http://www.facebook.com/BrewerModels