Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Dizzy'.
Found 1 result
After the busy period doing server stuff all the time I'm able, the run up to which caused me to stall my Su-34 build, I'm having a little break from that more serious subject, and doing a fun build of the new Amusing Hobby Triebflugel, which is the first styrene kit of the type in 1:48, and I just couldn't resist! The kit is fairly simple, and you can see the sprue pics on my review here. What's there is nice though, and I started off putting the cockpit together. It's made up of just a few parts, and with a little clean-up goes together well. I replaced the kit rudder pedals with some old Lion Roar PE ones, mainly because I've forgotten where my Eduard ones went. They won't be seen though, as the cockpit aperture is really narrow, so I'll just slap some @airscale instrument decals in there when I've painted it, and move along. I'll dig out some Eduard seatbelts on my way too, just to titivate the seat The fuselage is a work in three parts, starting with the nose, which I can't close up until I've put the cockpit in. I took the opportunity to remove the moulded-in guns and put some micro-tubing in there instead, just for a bit of added detail. The rotating centre section builds up from three parts, and needs a little bit of fettling to ensure it rotates freely, but isn't sloppy once the wings are on. The aft fuselage has a little bulkhead and tube into which the main wheel slides later on, and at the top it has a lip and an alignment pin, which have resulted in a small sink mark that you can see covered in putty above. Paint the wheel well interior with something dark, as no-one will see in there anyway. The three wings and four tail fins are all two parts each, with the wings having quite a bit of curvature along their length, and easily removed seams. I drilled a few lightening holes into the wing root just in case someone's looking against the curve of the fuselage with their magnifying glass. The engines fit at the other end, and these also go together well, with minimal clean-up if you take care of the alignment. I've left the centre "igniters" loose for now so I can paint them separately and to ease masking. They fit really neatly to the wings, thanks to some clever curves on the wing parts, and a shallow depression in the engine cowlings. The tail fins have a slot down the centre for the landing gear struts, which can be slid in later, and have two détente positions for in-flight (all the way in), and landed (1st click). That's about as far as I've got yet.