As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Daco decals'.
Found 3 results
F-104G Starfighter 10 Wing / 31 Squadron Belgian Air Force Kliene Brogel, 1980 The old Esci kit, which is pretty good considering its age, finished with even older Daco decals. This was from the original Daco Belgian F-104 sheet, not the amazing recent issue. This was built to try out some Mig paints which sprayed very well, though they do give a very matt finish. This was their '60s-70s USAF' set. The lighter of the greens worked well for a Belgian F-104, but I think the lighter of the greens would need some darkening for USAF use. I used 3 or 4 coats of Klear prior to decals and finished with a top coat mixture of Humbrol satin and matt varnish. The 'Tiger Tanks' on the original were left overs from a 1970s Tiger Meet.
Hi Everyone My first KUTA will be the 1/48 RNlAF F-16B (J-066) Test aircraft, using the Hasegawa kit and Eduard (SUFA) cockpit detail set. The latter isn't 100% accurate but it is much better than I can paint! Fuselage built and primed Lots of nice decals and some of the wingloads but more standard items to be modified But first, I need to finish my A380 in the Airliner Group Build - so the next update here might be in a fortnight or so. Regards Mike
Sadly not a full WIP build just wanted to share this quick build in it's current state. Been wanting to do an F-16 ever since I got back into the hobby over the last year and snapped this up on Amazon for £6 recently, never built a Hasegawa kit before so didn't quite know what to expect. It's not a bad kit but does have it's flaws, few fit issues to contend with..especially with the main landing gear! The supplied decals were just awful though! Pretty much unusable so I decided to order Daco's Belgium Air Force 349 Squadron from Hannants just to have something different, two pics below.. ...I'm still very much a novice at all this right now so quite new to after market decals, and certainly had issues with the tail fin! But I'm quite happy with it so far. First time spraying from a can using the blu-tac worm technique too (practicing for the 1/48 Tornado going on at the moment!) which I've just about got the hang of I think. Will post more pics soon, thanks for looking!