Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Cavalry'.
Found 3 results
I decided to revisit the Scots Greys. I had a few boxes to work with ( I still have quite a few more} and some I'd painted several years ago that I thought I could improve on. That was lasy month so things have moved on a little. The situation at present is A few horses. A few troopers The horses have more detail than shows on the photo. They're a little bleached out on here. The troopers are almost finished so after that it's a lot of varnishing to look forward to. Then the final modifications on the horses and a lot of grass tufts to generate.. For those who're attempting to count, there are two more troopers than horses si I have a little leeway deciding which I use. As I said , there's plenty more still in boxes.
Some time ago I decided to take eight figures from the Revell set 2578 British Life Guards and paint them as Blues and Royals.The horses selected from the set had a lot of extra plastic moulded on so they all had to be recarved, an annoying necessity. They were primed (brushed on black) them given a chocolate brown coat and then inked over black. This gave a very dark brown finish to further play with. I painted the sheepskin a sheepy colour and tried to give some semblance of a shabraque but failed miserably. At this point I just happened to fall upon the information that the Italeri set 6080 French Light Cavalry had the problem of too many shabraques and not enough sheepskins. I dug out a set of these from the stash and selected eight of the horses.. They looked ok to go, the Revell figures fit but the hiorses' tails were too long. I cropped one of the horse tails ( Left) and reshaped the end and it looked reasonable so continued. They don't look too bad. Here's the comparison with a Revell horse The Revell horses now have a new home in an Italeri box and the Italeri horses are set to have Revell riders. Primed Now to get on with the riders.