Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'C-3602'.
Found 1 result
These are the first models I bought and finished since I moved to Denmark- the Eastern Express/Dakoplast LaGG-3 series 66 and the Zvezda Yak-3, both 1/72. The Eastern Express kit requires quite a bit of clean-up and filler to get to fit well at the wing-to-fuselage join. I used the kit decals to model it as Yuri Shchipov's mount, but only half of them came off the sheet or worked, with the result that I only decaled one side of the plane (and even then, not fully). The multi-part canopy fit poorly and I broke one of the bits, hence the pose with the open canopy. Next is the 'snap-fit' Yak-3 from Zvezda, done in (what else) the markings of Normandie-Niemen ace Marcel Albert, one of the kit's options. Sadly, the kill markings were off-register. For a snap-fit kit, it's overengineered.Once put together, there were some unsighlty bumps and depressions due to to the snap fit which I tried to smooth out to the best of my abilities. I ended up repainting the spinner decal markings as they did not fit very well. Both kits were painted with what Humbrol and Revell enamels I had at hand. The AMT-12 and AMT-11 were made up of different mixes of Humbrol 106, 230 and 165, though for the Yak-3, I used Humbrol 106 alone for the AMT-12. The underside AMT-7 was a 4:1:1 mix of Humbrol 65:Revell 50:Humbrol 165 and the interior a 3:1 mix of Humbrol 165 and Humbrol 230. This was the first time I used Vallejo Matt Varnish, with the unfortunate side-effect of white streaks or spots. The ones you see are those which would not disappear with re-gloss and matt coating. Last but not least is the Kora 1/72 EKW C-3602, a Swiss multi-purpose combat aircraft whose Wikipedia article rather generously compared it to the Ilyushin Il-2: Yes, it's the odd one out but I had only one good quality picture of this model, so I threw it in here. By the way, the Wikipedia article doesn't contain the line about the Il-2 anymore. As with the other Kora kit I built, it's got a lot detail and a lot of small parts. Besides large pour stubs on the parts, the only serious problem was a warped fuselage. The plane was finished in RLM 70 over RLM 65. Some of the kit decals needed retouching, which I hope is not obvious from the pics. As usual, thanks for looking! Comments are welcome.