As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Bison Decals'.
Found 4 results
I built this a few years ago using up some left over parts from a Dragon Sherman Vc. I used the upper and lower hull from the kit along with the tracks. The turret is one by Formations which comes with some British fittings, but the hatch cover needed changing so I used the Dragon one. The colour for Fox is a bone of contention, some saying that is was SCC2, others that it was SCC15. One piece of info that I got from somebody in the know was that Fox was originally in SCC2 and held in storage. The thinking was that it would have been unlikely to have brought it out of storage and gone to the trouble of repainting it in SCC15 when the intention was for it to be used only for the initial landings, so that's the way that I went. The decals are from Bison on sheet number 35015, which is no longer available, but it can be found on Star Decals sheet number 35-C1020. As always, thanks for looking. John.
Finally made a start on my new Tamiya M10 Tank Destroyer. Will be completed as a Royal Artillery vehicle in Italy in 1944 using Bison decals that I have had knocking around a while. Will also be using the new Ammo by Mig Sherman Commonwealth acrylic paint set. Have assembled the back plate, differential cover and interior floor and sponson plates. Some photos are a bit grainy as light was starting to go.
This is my first group build on BM, and it couldn't have been a better subject for me. Shermans figure very high on my build list with over a dozen in 1/35th and 1/48th scales built already. For this build I wanted to do something a little different and having recently received a conversion from Greg Beuchler for the Chilean M60, it was decided. When Israel had finished with it's M50's and M51's, a lot were passed over to the Chilean army. Some modifications were made to the M50's in the form of an engine change, which in turn resulted in a new engine deck, and a change of main gun in the form of a very powerful 60mm cannon. The subject for this build is based on an ex IDF M50 that itself was based on an M4A1 with HVSS. I was originally going to use the Tamiya M51 as the base kit, but remembered that I had the old Dragon M51 which I was using as spares, so that's the one that I'm going with. The turret will come from Dragon's M50 kit. The conversion set. The markings, of which there are very few, are from the Bison decal sheet for South American Shermans, which is now available under the Star Decals banner. Well, it's nearly time for the off, so until then, thanks for looking. John.