Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Bf-109G'.
Found 2 results
Hello All... I would like to present my Finnish Air Force Bf-109G6 MT505 from 1950. I am of Finnish Descent and am happy to finally have a representative model of my ancestral home. I also have a polish Mig-21 that is complete, and a PZL-23 waiting to be built. The colors are Dark olive over grey the White stripes(not the band), are indicative of participation in war games. Here is the WIP for the model. https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235052872-my-finnish-“mersu-”/ I would like to thank @vppelt68 as this kit was a gift. I photographed the build on a miniature Finnish Flag to give it a nice base. Im impressed by these AZ kits and will be picking up some more of them in the future. Especially if they do an “Emil”. Without further talk i present MT505. I hope it meets everyones expectations. Questions, comments, stories, or jokes ? Dennis
My latest builds are all either stalled or taking a long time so I thought I would post an old favourite from 2016. I don't normally go in for competitions for various reasons but I was persuaded to enter a model at the Scottish IPMS Nationals in 2017. To my surprise, my model won it's class! So here it is, my Revell 1/32 Bf-109G-6 with a long list of modifications and accoutrements including replacement gun bulges (Quickboost), prop/spinner, Exhausts and radiator (Barracudacast), Wheels (Eduard), Gun pods (robbed from a Hasegawa G-10 and detailed), belts (HGW) and replacement decals from EagleCal. I bought the AlleyCat improvement set but was disappointed with it, only using the template to rescribe the incorrectly located hatch on the port upper fuselage - oh, and the tiny intakes on the front fuselage. I also did away with awful and inaccurate canopy hinge supplied by Revell and added an under fuselage FUG 25 aerial from metal rod. The replacement elevators from the AlleyCat set were too long for some reason so I painstakingly removed all of the errant raised circle detail myself. It sounds like the kit was poor and I am a perfectionist but neither is really true - just enjoyed tinkering with the myriad bits and pieces more as an experiment really. Paints were Mr Hobby acrylics for the main camo and Vallejo for the blue band. Weathering and mottling were based on the reference pictures supplied in the EagleCal instructions which indicated a well maintained, maybe dusty machine. One last thing, I added the exhausts after painting by cutting openings at the front fuselage, where the prop sits - this allowed me to fiddle the exhausts into place without too much drama. I popped the prop/spinner onto the front "temporarily" with bluetack to check all was well and Lo! - I managed to get the thing in perfect position, even including the slight gap between fuselage and spinner. Pondering on how to fix the prop permanently - I finally decided to leave well alone. It has survived a season of shows and still sits there nearly 3 years later! Looking now there are lots of errors and inaccuracies but I am really quite fond of this model - I hope you like it too. Cheers Malcolm