Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'BF-109E'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Calendars

  • Community Calendar
  • Group Builds
  • Model Show Calendar

Forums

  • Site Help & Support
    • FAQs
    • Help & Support
    • New Members
    • Announcements
  • Aircraft Modelling
    • Military Aircraft Modelling Discussion by Era
    • Civil Aircraft Modelling Discussion by Era
    • Work in Progress - Aircraft
    • Ready for Inspection - Aircraft
    • Aircraft Related Subjects
  • AFV Modelling (armour, military vehicles & artillery)
    • Armour Discussion by Era
    • Work in Progress - Armour
    • Ready for Inspection - Armour
    • Armour Related Subjects
    • large Scale AFVs (1:16 and above)
  • Maritime Modelling (Ships and subs)
    • Maritime Discussion by era
    • Work in Progress - Maritime
    • Ready for Inspection - Maritime
  • Vehicle Modelling (non-military)
    • Vehicle Discussion
    • Work In Progress - Vehicles
    • Ready For Inspection - Vehicles
  • Science Fiction & RealSpace
    • Science Fiction Discussion
    • RealSpace Discussion
    • Work In Progress - SF & RealSpace
    • Ready for Inspection - SF & RealSpace
  • Figure Modeling
    • Figure Discussion
    • Figure Work In Progress
    • Figure Ready for Inspection
  • Dioramas, Vignettes & Scenery
    • Diorama Chat
    • Work In Progress - Dioramas
    • Ready For Inspection - Dioramas
  • Reviews, News & Walkarounds
    • Reviews
    • Current News
    • Build Articles
    • Tips & Tricks
    • Walkarounds
  • Modelling
  • General Discussion
  • Shops, manufacturers & vendors
  • Archive

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 3 results

  1. Here is my depiction of a Messerschmitt Bf-109E-1, just following the end of the SCW in 1939. Note that the Condor Legion roundels have been replaced with the yoke and arrows and the red/yellow discs. Upon finishing this model I came to believe that perhaps it is even meaner and dastardly looking than its SCW counterpart. Something about that Falangist logo...Brrr...sends chills down my spine. In any case...a decent kit and it fit together well. The paint is Vallejo Air and I used their RLM02 for the fuselage. My research has told me that all the previous ideas we had about these planes being light grey, silver grey, or just grey, were wrong. They were more green-grey, as shown here. On a side note, I will be using the same paint on the 109E that Tintin steals in "King Ottokar's Sceptre" when I get into that GB later this year! The decals went on well, including the stencils. The red/yellow roundels were a bit translucent. Had I known that I would have given them a backing of some sort. Weathered with my black/brown oil wash. Here 'tis...
  2. This fantastic kit has just fallen onto my workbench & the artwork & "storyline" is as always - very compelling... I can find loads of info about the Hurricane - but nothing about this particular BF109E - does anyone have any extra information - unit / pilot etc... Any help would be most appreciated.
  3. I've started Eduard's 1/48 BF-109E-4 to be built as Adolf Galland's Dec 1940 mount. The Eduard kit is really nice, but it is finicky and has some dimension issues. The first issue is the chord on the slats is to deep, I reduced it by .040" by cementing a .040" piece of stretched sprue into the well, trimming a like amount off the slat, after it was dry, sanding down the sprue and restoring the panel lines with a razor saw. nearside sanded and panel lines restored, farside not done yet Rather than assemble the complete engine and struggle to align everything, I opted to cut the engine lower sides out, cement the exhaust on and basically treat the exhaust like a resin aftermarket (it's so much easier than installing each stack piece by piece afterwards. A piece of brass rod for the prop and a couple of .040" plastic pieces cemented to the upper cowl and drilled works for the prop. I also cut sections of engine case and glued them into the cowl where they could be seen through the openings The cockpit is quite nice with the photoetch panels, but the supplied seatbelts had a garish, cartoon look, so I installed them prior to painting, and painted them in situ. I've now started the final assembly and painting (at this time Galland's plane was finished in the 71/02/65 scheme) The Eduard kit is great, with a little rework, the only place I've had to fill was the bottom cowl seam (some spreader bars, and some trimming/shimming, but no other putty - I hate putty!) Thanks for looking, Colin
×
×
  • Create New...