Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Anything but Injection'.
Found 5 results
Belated thanks to @Enzo Matrix for setting this GB up. In the Christmas Blitzenbuild 2019 my build was based around a N Gauge Metcalfe card kit. this was a pre-cut card kit in 1:148 scale.. Although this scale and 1:148 are my main focus, I have also decided to use the period between now and a house move to complete a micro layout in OO gauge. This will be based around my collection of military vehicles. The first stage is to build a signal box. This is a Scalescenes model that is now available at https://scalescenes.com/product/r010a-arp-signalbox/ although mine was included free n the Hornby Magazine some time ago. The pages as extracted from the magazine the first task is to stick three of the pages to different density card. The first time I built one of these kits I used craft PVA but it was far too wet an the paper never dried flat. I now use Pritt Stick and a roller to remove lumps and ubbles. To avoid the card curling during drying it currently resides under a pile of books. More about the prototype in a future thread.
With a nod to @Mjwomack I've dug this failed attempt out of the Boxes of Doom. This is the ancient Sanger Blenheim IV in 1/48. It was intended for the Maritime Patrol GB but then I discovered that it never flew any missions while attached to 5 (BR) Squadron RCAF so that was that. I also realised that my attempted fuselage corrections had been way off the mark so it went into the Four Boxes of Doom. It will be the one and only Bollingbroke III floatplane. A rather lovely aircraft actually improved by being given big boots. The other reason for building it is to ensure that Airfix announce a 1/48 Blenheim IV at Telford this November. I've spent a couple of days splitting the fuselage, widening it and fitting the nose section. The wings have been worked on too and all is being sanded and shaped. I will post the fruits of this effort when I can take it out of the airing cupboard and remove the jig holding it all firmly in place. The wings have been a 'challenge' but were finally forced to conform. That seemed like a good reason to pause to me.
Yes it's a vacform kit of a rare Italian WW2 Fighter Aircraft which until recently was only available as a vacform kit. Picture from Scalemates Picture from Scalemates I know I have this kit, good job I have a year to find it and build it, I'll no doubt need every blooming day. Good luck everyone. cheers Pat
First up from me will be the Welsh Models Avro Tudor IV in 1/144. Fairly simple kit - two vacuum formed fuselages and bulkheads, resin wings, tailplanes and undercarriage doors, white metal props and undercarriage. This will be my first vacform in at least a couple of decades, and first time working with a vacform/resin mixed-media kit. Should be fun. Here's how the parts look: I'll probably make a start tomorrow. cheers Julian
Since every collection should have at least one Bleriot XI - it being one of the most important aeroplanes ever built - I decided I needed one. It also consists of only sticks and strings with some wings stuck on, which makes it show the construction in all its glory, which is always interesting. Unfortunately I’m stuck with 1/72, so it will be limited how much one can see without a looking glass. I plan to built it from scratch, except the engine. Not sure exactly which machine yet (there’s plenty to choose from!), but I’m considering one of the two-seat versions. They were significantly larger, which will make construction easier - or so I hope! This will be a slow build for me as I want to partake in other GBs as well, and I expect it to take many months.