Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Academy Minicraft'.
Found 4 results
Hey guys, first finished kit in new home Built as part of P-40 GB, here you can watch the WIP if you are interested http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234976954-p-40m-academy-minicraft-172-44th-fs-finished-new-photos-3182015/ I did add some details to cockpit (Marabu PE set + scratch), wheel wells (Marabu PE set + scratch), radiator intake and flaps (Marabu PE, Eduard Zoom and scratch), flaps are from great Marabu PE set (made for AZ Model P-40E), exhausts are Quickboosts, U/C legs and drop tank from Sword kit, AML wheels (worst wheels, never again, the design was totaly out, disapearing here and there...), mirror and canopy slide part made from scratch. I had some disaster happening while spraying the exhaust stain, so i tried to save it a bit, but the finish is much bigger then intended Well, enough talking, some shots are comming
Hello guys, so after few months things around me did settle down, i did settle down as well after moving to new house and i started to work on new projects I have to get used to new work bench (small house means small work bench.. ), but i ll handle it! I was thinking what kit to build, as i have few P-40s in stash (some might make it for this GB yet - Trumpeter B, Academy E, Sword short tail K, Hasegawa N). In the end i decided to get one more P-40, this time Academy P-40M/N. I m going to use some aftermarket stuff - first, PE sets i have at home (P-40E Marabu design, amazing set made for AZ model P-40E, but it ll work here too and P-40E flaps for AZ model as well), Quickboost exhausts and decal set. From the decals i would like to go for "Wairarapa Wildcat", though here i have first question - does anyone know, what colours were the roundels on the Wairarapa Wildcat? On the decals there are blue-white-red roundels, but i saw also blue-white-blue and such.. Sad part of the decals is, there is only one wildcat decal and it seems there should be one from each side of nose.. Anyway, i did some start on cockpit yesterday. The sidewalls are done using combination of Marabu PE parts, evergreens and wires. The floor is all new, as the original would be too thick and i would not be able to fit there the wheel wells. Seat and armour desk behind seat are from the Marabu PE set, headrest is scratched from evergreens. I ll continue tomorrow in this build
I m quite new on BM and found this group build thread recently. I hope you wont mind if i post one my kit here, it kinda goes under your KUTA rules, but i finished it in middle of november 2013, so if it is out of rules, i m sorry. So this kit was under my bed for over 15 years, untill i came back to models like 2months ago. The kit was almost completed (fuselage, wings and tail joined), so it needed just the undercariage, propeller, gun barells (used aires resin barels and ofc managed to break one while painting the kit) and ofc painting. It was first kit where i used airbrush and some techniques (post-shading, wash, never did it before). Sadly over the years i lost some parts and the canopy was in realy bad condition.. because i thought it ll be just aibrush test subject, i left it as it was (now kinda feel sorry for that). But after all, i was quite happy with the finish, probably bcs it was first kit finished after so many years I hope you wont mind me posting it here then.