Search the Community
Showing results for tags '771 Squadron'.
Found 2 results
Or at least find it. My attempt at Azur's Maryland to turn it into Commander Rotherham's aircraft of 771 Squadron based at RNAS Twatt in the Orkneys. Rotherham and his crew discovered that she had slipped moorings and escaped into the Atlantic initiating the hunt that had tragic consequences for both the Bismarck and HMS Hood. Azur kit, Print Scale transfers and Eduard seat belts. Kit was OK at times, the resin parts being easy to work with and the plastic fitting most of the time. The front transparencies were a nightmare and the WIP gives the trials and tribulations (but not the cursing and swearing). Brush painted with Xtracrylix and a coat of Liquitex matt varnish. I used Montex masks for the transparencies Thanks to all for their advice and cheering from the sidelines.
I got a set of transfers from Print Scale which has markings for two FAA Marylands, both of 771 squadron. One AR720 was the one that spotted the Bismark breaking out, so this is the one I will be doing. I've two Azur Marylands, both in Free French guise but that just means spare transfers. I've also picked up a set of Maskol masks. So here's the raw materials and the intended markings Obligatory sprue shots Some resin And clear transparencies Detail is engraved and quite fine. Chocks away and ready for take off.