As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.
Search the Community
Showing results for tags '610 Squadron'.
Found 1 result
Hello all, I needed a bit of a mojo-restorer build to get me underway with making kits again. I thought a couple of Spitfires would do the trick, both are from Airfix and are built OOB with the exception of some Tamiya tape seatbelts and fishing line aerial or IFF wires. The markings are as supplied by Airfix. I chose to model the BoB Mark 1 with blue undersides which I understand is open to speculation - however, it appealed to me to show some colour scheme evolution. The models are brush painted using Vallejo paints. It's my first time using these and I was very pleases with how easy they were to apply - I found them a little delicate however, and there is already some wear from handling on the trailing edges of wings, which needs some touching up! Weathering was a mix of florymodels wash, oils and humbrol and tamiya weathering pastels. I found a problem with maskol on the canopies - either I was not thorough enough in application or it reacted with my aerosol mat varnish. Either way there was some canopy fogging which has not polished out fully and would benefit from replacements. I also need to find a better option for the aerial and IFF wires as the fishing wire was difficult to tension and fix well enough. Feedback is welcomed and I hope you enjoy my first contribution to RFI!