Search the Community
Showing results for tags '2ww'.
This is my second build from the Eduard Royal Boxing of the Bf109F 1/48th, this time an F-2. Virtually built O.O.B. with some extra detailing in the cockpit. I chose this particular machine for its colour scheme, originally delivered in standard RLM 74/75/76 it was overpainted in the field with mottle consisting of RLM 02/70/79. Model was painted using AK True Colours, decals from kit, Black 12 came from Tamiya Fw190D-9 kit. The name under cockpit was home printed, yellow outline painted freehand. I used Mig Lucky matt varnish for final coat, not too sure of this stuff took about t
After tackling ICM's 1/48 Dornier Do215 (see my other RFI) I decided to jump in to my second ICM build the Do17Z-10, from ICM's1/48 Dornier family. The kit has all the same mouldings as the 215, except of course engines/cowlings and nose, a lot of these required injection pin marks to be removed(seems to be a hallmark of ICM kits). I used the Eduard p/e sets for the interior and exterior, also a set of masks. The interior had a little extra detail added to it including the MG151 cannon which can now hardly be seen. I closed up the bomb bay and added the fairing to the top of t
This is the result of my first build of an ICM kit, even though it was purchased when it first appeared back in 2014 I never got round to building it till now. So armed with the kit, Eduard's interior, exterior, bomb bay p/e sheets and masks, Quickboost's resin spinner/props and exhausts, finally Xtradecals sheet the build commenced. I had read the reviews and builds by others and was left with mixed feelings about ICM 1/48 kits especially the Do215, but plunged in anyway!! It was certainly not one of the easiest kits I've built and took me far longer to complete than I e
These two kits were built together, the Siebel Si204 using aftermarket i.e. Eduard 'Big Ed' etched and masks plus CMK resin wheels, seats and spinners. Where as the Bucker Bu181 was built virtually otb, both kits were Special Hobby 1/48 scale. The Si204 wasn't the easiest of kits to build, some of the parts not fitting together too well. The canopies were a bit of a trial to get a decent fit but was successful in the end. I also re-scribed all the panel lines as I found the kit ones to be rather shallow. On the plus side the interior detail was excellent, unfortunately mostly lost