Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'monte carlo'.
Ok so I've called time on this build. Those that followed the WIP will know the trials and tribulations I've had with this kit regarding the decals and although the plan was to weather the shell a bit, I've just lost complete interest now that the assembly has actually finished. WIP thread here for those that are interested: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234998842-lancia-delta-hf-integrale-1993-monte-carlo-rally/ So anywho on with the pics: The kit was the Acropolis '93 kit and when I brought it, it came with replacement decals from Shunko. Luckily when the kit arrived I noticed the decals also allowed you to build the '93 Monte Carlo car, which I much preferred anyway; as well as the fact that Hasegawa doesn't supply the correct gravel wheels used during the '92 and '93 seasons. They just give you gravel tyres to fit on the tarmac ones. So I raided a spares and repair Delta I have for it's slick tyres and it's window piece too in the end lol. I also lowered the suspension 3mm in the front and 2mm in the rear, as even though the kit is supposed to be Tarmac spec using the same parts as all the other Deltas, the ride height is way too high. As always comments and such are welcome. TTFN Ashley.
Right so I've been getting myself back into the swing of things with this since the end of Jan/early Feb. I brought this little set last year sometime: I wont be using the Hobby-Design engine transkit though as I believe its designed after the evo IV-VI engines which were turned around 180 degrees compared to the evo I-III. The decals for the '93 Portugal event are yellowed somewhat: So I took a root around in my Decal stash and decided on these for the 1993 Monte Carlo: The only noticeable difference between the Monte and Portugal cars, aside from the obvious livery changes is that the Monte cars didn't feature roof vents. I have also decided to lower the ride height. But I'm leaving the building of the suspension pars until last so I can get a clear picture of how much needs cutting out the struts. I started by assembling the roll cage, though I left off the rear bar were the seat belts attach for reasons that will become clear later lol. I did have to repair the top bars as they had broken in transit. I don't think you can see the repair unless you look for it After priming and painting all the parts that needed to be white I made a start on the decaling. The large red, silver and black swoops on the rear were a bit of a pain and I had a bit of trouble around the C pillar. The decal instructions call for the rear spoiler to be painted TS-49 so hopefully if I decant a little I can touch up the tears. I still need to paint the red strip around the bottom of the car. The decals are useless so once I've clear coated the body I'll mask and paint them on. The wheels are ready for clear too: The past week whilst the body has been left for the decals to fully dry out I've been working on the interior. I did toy with the idea of using Kevlar decals on the sump and seat backs but I wanted a simple build to restart my modelling mojo and the seatbelts were daunting enough haha. I used Humbrol 93 as the colour matches the Kevlar decals I normally use. I think it looks good lol. The last couple of days I've been working on the seat belts and finishing off the interior parts. Now some may notice the rear bar for the roll cage in that last pic. Hindsight from my evo IV build, which erroneously uses the same floor and interior as these, taught me that trying to mount the seat belts to the bar when its attached to the rest of the cage and mounted to the interior tub is very fiddly and this way is much easier hehe. I've also got the dash 99.5% complete: I've just got to paint the bolts on the steering wheel and the row of switches above the kill switch. I should have the interior finished later today and maybe the body will get clear coated too. TTFN Ashley.
Well she's finished save for a couple of small details. WIP here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234987216-ford-escort-rs-cosworth-group-a-rally/ Kit was Tamiya's Michelin Pilot version with Shunko decals to build the Monte Carlo 1993 car. Slight troubles with the decals mainly on the bumper corners but from a distance it looks good. Will weather in the future when those skills have been honed a bit more. Anywho pics Ahoy: Thanks for looking and to those that have followed the build. As always comments are always welcome lol TTFN Ashley.
So another of my recent completed builds. Had this model a couple of year, got it from a car show for about £15ish lol It needed to be started fairly soon as the decals were very slightly yellowing. No problems with the build, pretty straight forward. Pics Ahoy: I decided to build the Piero Liatti no.4 car as opposed to the more commonly seen Mcrae car. I empolyed my seat belt cheat trick here and i'll be using it again on the Escort. If anyone cant work it out from the pics you'll have to stay tuned on my build to find out TTFN