Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Winter camouflage'.
The search index is currently processing. Current results may not be complete.
Hi all This is Tamiya's 1/48 Tiger 1 - Early Production, which I have depicted in German Grey with a well worn, winter whitewash camo. This was my first attempt at using the hairspray chipping method and doing excessive weathering. It was painted with acrylics and weathered with oil paint washes and various pigments. I plan to make a small display base for it (the one in the photos was borrowed from a previous build) ... once I can work out the best way to make snow.... Thanks for looking. Cheers, Greg
Hi all Here is Tamiya's 1/48 Pather Ausf D, which I have depicted in a worn, winter whitewash camo. It was originally painted in dark yellow and green camo prior to the white wash. It's painted with Tamiya acrylics and weathered with oil paints and pigments. This is my second 1/48 scale WW2 armour build - I wanted to test my skills and some new techniques prior to moving up to 1/35. Constructive criticism is most welcome. Thanks for looking. Regards, Greg Greg
BAe Harrier GR.7 No.1 Squadron - Royal Air Force - Bardufoss Air Station (Ex. Snow Falcon) 2004 1/48 Revell With the vast majority of recent RAF aircraft adorning not so attractive grey on grey schemes, non standard schemes tend to catch the eye. Whilst going through my Dad's images from the early 2000's there are a number of images of white winter camo Jaguar's, Tornados and a few Harriers. Cue a project that I am glad to say I am one model into, recreate a series of winter deployment camo aircraft! The first of which comes from Revell's rebox of the Hasegawa GR7/9 kit. Marked as a 1 Squadron aircraft from the final Harrier deployment to Bardufoss, Norway for Exercise Snow Falcon '04 the aircraft has been finished in the state a lot of my reference shots show during the deployment. Decals were provided by the Model Alliance "Harriers: The First Ten Years" 48-102 and the cockpit was replaced with the Aires GR7 cockpit, annoyingly the canopy fogged a little whilst trying to attach it and so the interior is somewhat obscured, but I am going to play it off as it's cold in Norway and the canopy has glazed over a little Onto the images; Thanks for looking and expect a WIP for the next RAF Winter camouflaged jet at some point, but I'm yet to decide on Jaguar, Tornado or Buccaneer! Nick
Hey guys, here is my latest work - the kit is very nice Eduard 1/48 Bf 109F-4. It was finished in a bit over a week - on very last minute i have decided to go and see the Moson kit show this year, as it was my dream for some time already. And because i did not want to go there with empty hands, i had to build something.. The kit is amazing, goes together realy well and all problems vere caused just by myself and the limited time i had. I have used the Profipack boxing, so i had some basic PE sheet and canopy masks from the box,on top of that i bought the Eduard Brassin flaps - the flaps in the kit have sadly some sink marks (i have noticed it on the G-6 kit earlier too, which is using the same sprues with little parts) and also the Brassin flaps have some very nice details added. Because of the rushing i did not make any WIP thread around, so hope you wont mind some WIP shots I have added a bit of details on the cockpit sidewalls - mainly in the front areas as these were totaly empty (but as you ll see later, these front areas of the pit are almost not at all visible after the fuselage is glued together). I wanted to create some textures for the basic camouflage as i was not sure how many of it ll be visible later (did not know how much of the white i m going to remove, but on my next winter camouflage model i m going to skip this step as totaly nothing of this is visible later, so it is just waste of time/paint.. + so many paint layers effectively lowers the visible details later. But when i have already put the time in, here we go with the shots The original idea was to make the winter camo scheme and also some snowy base. As a part of it, i wanted to make the canopy glass icy/frozen from inside as i have seen it like that on some photos. So i tried some stuff for re-creating ice on it. At first it looked ok, but in the end.. well.. simply it did not turn as good as i hoped. The snow on the base also did not look good to me, so i have scraped the idea for now... I ll need to practice and try more and more Then the fun with Washable white started (in my case from AK751 as it was in stock in local hobby store). The effects you can achieve with this kind of paint is very nice, also the effect depends on how long you let the white paint dry, before you going to wash it off. Long drying time makes the paint goes off in some kind of chips, after short drying time the paint is washed off in sort of "fuzzy" way First layer of washable white, washed off after long dry time Second layer of washable white, washed off after short dry time Third layer: chipping flow + dusty layer of flat "dirty" white, chipped down after few minutes, followed by brown-ish filters (mainly on wing roots where the crew would be moving) And here it is in the very end I m sorry for so many shots, but you know me guys, i cant decide which shot to use, so i use more of them... And trust me, i have used only like half of the images i have made.. Hope you like the result and thanks for watching guys Have a great day.