Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Venator'.
A question for the number crunchers out there.... I plan to build a section of the maintenance trench that runs down the side of Star Destroyers. A sort of vertical diorama. It will be mounted on a redundant 22" x 34" magnetic notice board so it may take a while. It won't be an exact copy, but very much in the spirit of, with lots of greeblies using whatever the spares boxes yield up. But I do want to get the size about right in 1/350th scale. So, The question is, How deep/tall should it be? Does anyone out there have a Star Destroyer in whatever scale that they can measure and then convert the numbers to suit? Thanks, Pete
Hi everyone I wasn't going to post a WIP here because of late, my WIP's have lead to an unfinished status, and also, it's a PITA trying to maintain 4-5 different postings, but I now figure why not? I know I'm supposed to be doing the Gatlantis carrier, but I need a break from that This is my second attempt at super detailing Revell's Venator class Attack Cruiser. My first one was OK, but it was my very first ever attempt at detailing and there were a lot of mistakes made. However, that was 4 years ago and since then, I reckon I have come a long way in making things look like they work as opposed to just being stuck on. These kits are now quite rare online and go for stupid money, but I was lucky and was sold to very very cheaply. I can also see why to as this was the Pre-painted version. Now, I don;t know who "paints" these but I swear, they must be like 4 or 5 years old because that is the skill level of who ever does it. Shockingly bad! So, I had to strip it all back to bare plastic before I could start. Ii have no idea what Revell use as paint on these but man - it's hard to get off. It would have gone a lot quicker had I had some ELO, but alas, I didn't. So I tried out Strip Magic and I'll be honest, I found that it's no where near as good as they advertise it to be. It might work well on acrylic but not on anything else. Moaning aside, here is where I am up to currently First up are the engine nozzles. I made the first one with the idea to cast resin replicas to ensure uniformity, but that did not work out so well as they had a lot of air bubbles and the PE parts came off the base part when I removed it from the mold, so it looks like I'm going to have to do all 4 separately. Casting could work well if I was able to pressure cast them, but I just don't have the equipment for that. I also had to change out the PE parts I was using as they were not big enough to fill the spaces. They work much better now. Mine Versus Revell's: I have also made a start on Engine #1. So far, I have done 2 sides, with another 2 to do and another 3 engines on top of that - trying to keep each one the same. This'll be interesting! Anyways, that's where I am up to and will be back again with another update once I have actually done something Thanks for looking MH