Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Tiger 1 Early'.
Hi all, I'm only subjecting you to this because it's my first ever attempt at something which keeps its wheels on the ground, and a bit of an experiment in the kind of weathering you folk are so good at. It's the Tamiya kit, gifted to me years ago by an extremely talented modeller who thought I should have a crack at armour. Covid-19 was what got the motivation up enough! After Halfords primer, it's almost all Humbrol enamels through a cheap art-shop airbrush or my Hansa 381 for the camo pattern. Pinwashed with oil; tried a dot-wash with mixed results; more su
I'm in a bit of a rush to finish building and painting my Tiger for the Tiger GB, and I'm about to construct the smoke grenade launchers that fit on the turret. In all the period photos I've seen, the launcher 'pots' are empty. But I did find one photo, here on BM, of a model Tiger where the pots are loaded with grenades. The builder had turned the grenade launcher 'pots' around so that the bottoms of the pots faced outwards, and these were painted red to look like grenades in-situ. Now, I doubt the 'heads' of grenades would have been painted red, but I did like the look of the po
TIGER I (Early) TAMIYA 1/35th Eduard PE grill set. Friul Tracks. SCRATCH-BUILT MAYBACH HL210 ENGINE. HALFORD'S RATTLE CAN GREY PLASTIC PRIMER. MIG 'LATE GERMAN CAMOUFLAGE SET' LIGHT DUNKELGELB. ASSORTED DALER ROWNEY ACRYLIC INKS. HUMBROL DARK EARTH WEATHERING POWDER. WATER AND STIFF BRUSHES (FOR RUBBING BACK) SIGMA MICRON ARCHIVAL ACRYLIC INK PENS (SEPIA COLOURED, FOR CHIPPING) WINSOR AND NEWTON GLOSS AND MATT ACRYLIC VARNISHES. So here, at last, is my finished Tiger I (Fruhe) with the scratch-built engine that t