Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Skyraider Sword'.
Hello, I started this project some months ago, various delays due trying to finding an accurate colour paint for it. Its a typical eastern European kit with its quirks around part fits and the instruction sheet, but it is a nicely detailed kit with a good selection of decals. I have chosen do to mine as a RN FAA aircraft with the wings folded, Airwaves do a photo etch wing fold for the Hasegawa kit, but with some tweaking it works on this kit as well.... This is the Airwaves set available from Hannants. I picked up this publication from the FAA Museum back in 1991 on a trip to the UK The kit instructions in places need a lot of careful studying such as where these undercarriage bay parts go.. it is not all that clear!! The ends of the wings folds needed tidying up with plastic card.. The wing join was pretty poor so I added strips of plastic card rather than putty but a stronger bond The kit comes with a very nicely detailed resin engine just that its location if not too clear so it needs these bits added otherwise it wobbles about.. Again some filler needed around the radome.. The SMS paint is an acrylic lacquer: The kit decal roundels are wrong the blue is too dark fortunately Avalon decals do a set for the FAA Skyraiders available from Hannants This is where I am up to now: As to how to attach the folded wings the strut shown here will be the way I go I can't see the p/e parts being strong enough to hold the wings in place!