Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Scratch & engine turning'.
Found 1 result
Hello As I said in my introduction on this forum, 26 years have passed since I've begun the assembly of this precious and rare model, and 24 since I abandonned it on the shelf, gathering dust and rust. Recently, I woke up, and decided to re-start it, and, if possible, achieve it. I disassembled entirely the model and began this resurrection ! Actually, "she" is in this state: - Chassis with frame rails, brakes, fuel tank, rear and front axle assembled - engine with many extra details ( according to the reference photos of Paul Koo's DVD and other found on the net), mounted on the chassis with B002 Engine mount of MCM (Thanks Marvin ) - Steering box installed with personal and extra detailing. - Firewall still on the workbench As much as possible, I used bolts instead of screws, and, where not, I painted the screws in black, to mask them. The chassis was painted with automotive black primer, which gave it a softly grained aspect. For all the engine parts, I used Alclad metal paints with my airbrush, and here and there, tamiya paints with a soft or a dry brush. Many details are scratched with aluminium sheet (0.3 mm thickness), brass or copper or alu tubes and rods (from 0.3 mm to 2 mm) , micro bolts and threaded rod, micro washers, destroyed watch parts or photo-etched parts(engine cam covers, photo-etched grill for the radiator), thanks to Ebay Several parts have been modified when necessary, especially to make them closer to the real ones. And now, a few pictures....more to go later: These pics were taken in june 2016 and shows the plastic parts of the engine assembled and sprayed. I've modified the 4 inspection panels, with engine-turning inside (engine-turning was applied on a thin alu sheet 0.3 mm thickness, the sheet cutted at the good dimensions and the plates finally glued in place on the plastic part). I began the assembly of the lubrication pipes, according to Paul Koo's DVD. With the difference that I did'nt use alu rods but brass ones...They are more difficult to cut and drill, but I prefer their glossy aspect . They are joined using soldering or brazing and not CA gel, and then,each sub-assembly has been glued in place on the engine. Then, I scratched the extra details of the fuel supply system on the carburetors, and the levers on the carburetors which permit to increase or decrease the acceleration. These levers are functionnal, i.e they can move around their axle, and are joined together to move synchronous. Later, a linkage will join the acceletor system on the firewall to these levers, and the all system will move, pressing the accelerator pedal.. Ingredients: Alu sheet,brass M1 micro-bolts, 0.8 and 1.5 mm brass rod, micro washers, micro-nuts and threadlock And after building the second lever, avec joining them: An overview: And finally, I've scratch-built the linkage which control the acceleration on the supercharger. It too is "functionnal" as the previous one... And I scratch-built too the lubrication line behind the supercharger Same "ingredients", plus alu rod As of now, that's all Folks Let you digest that enormous post