Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'S-3A'.
It's been a while since my last post, or since my last finished model. But here's another one at last. This is the old ESCI S-3S Viking Sub Hunter. The model was upgraded with the Wolfpack Wing Folded set, the Wolfpack Vertical Tail Wing Fold set, Eduard interior set, Brengun 300gal Fuel tanks, and finished with HAD model decals and stencils. The model represents a Viking form VS-24, on board the Nimitz in 1981, during the Gulf of Sidra incident. A Viking was involved in the incident. Actually it was aircraft 702 from VS-30 Diamond Cutters, stationed on board the USS Forrestal, but to keep de model in line with my Nimitz 1981 project, I finally decided to build a Viking from VS-24. Hope you like. .
Hi, my latest build of old Hasegawa kit in 1/72, S-3A Viking. Kit is OOB with addition of some scratchbuilt details (full cockipit, rear cockpit as well but I forgot to take pictures, ejection seats, main entrance, electronic bay, engine covers and bombs covers). The reference was a picture I found on Airliners.net of ground crew working on maintenance:). All in all lovely kit and realy enjoyable build. Kit: 1/72 Hasegawa S-3A Viking Decals: OOB, VS-38 ''Griffins'', CV-61 USS Ranger Paint: Tamiya primer and Model Master enamels Weathering: Ammo Mig washes and pigments, AK weathering pencils Extra's: Hasegawa weapons set (6 x Mk-20 Rockeye)
Just finished this little Viking from the Hasegawa kit from 1987, OOB. Really enjoyed this build. Nice little kit despite the age. My first bit of serious re-scribing of the upper wing surfaces. Turned out a little trench like but have to start somewhere (the Airfix Vulcan awaits in the stash!) No real fit issues other than the wing roots, but slow, gradual gluing with superglue did the trick and filled the gaps. The top front and rear edges of the wing/fuselage also needed a bit of filling. Found the instructions a little vague in a couple of places, but plenty of reference material out there including a walkround on here. I used the decals from the box although i did have the Cam decals set, but I have the same in 1/48 for my Esci kit, so didn't want to use the same scheme, so those decals are available if anyone wants to buy them. I've still alot of progress to make on canopy masking and painting, always feel let down by the results. The Hasegawa decals went on ok, only a couple of breaks but went back together nicely with Microset. Was pleased with the weathering effect even if it probably doesn't suit this scheme, but have a shot of a very patchy grey low vis scheme on which it would have looked good. Would certainly recommend the kit if you come across it.