Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'R-MODEL'.
Found 3 results
Afternoon all, managed some time to take some pics of the latest build. Bit of a crash build......build a bit and dash. Here's some quick pics, and sorry for there being no build blog on it. I have a few more hours to finalise as the top section and lower hull are still un-attached for the painting, so I can't add the exhaust etc until I can marry together after painting and add final details. Really nice kit as always from Tamiya, fell together - no issues anywhere. The Aber set was very basic and didn't fit in many places. The set was for Tamiya, but acted like it was for another brand. Anyway, the biggest disappointment was the R-Model tracks. Picked them up cheap (£20), but they require the CNC'd pins but came with wire like Friuls, but for the life of me I could not find any that were specific to the 38(t) tracks. So a little mud should be OK to cover up the lack of bolt heads. Interesting thing to note, neither the Tamiya kit or the Aber upgrade set mentions or supplies the little piston thingy behind the gun lock. Had to build it from scratch with brass tube and some bits of PE from the box of spares. Should have it finished in a week of two........then it's in line for a prime and paint job , so catch you all again soon..., and I'll try and be on more than I have been....
Afternoon all I've decided on my next project. Tacoma's new Jagdpanther G2 (Full Interior). One of the main reasons for choosing this kit, in spite of the large stash of kit's waiting to be started; I fancied a full interior. At first I was looking at a Takom Panther G (full interior) as I enjoyed building the Bergepanther Ausf. A by DEMAG, but then realised that most of the internal work would be lost once it was buttoned up on a standard Panther. I know many out there would say "well, at least you know it's there"...........but I could stomach all that work disappearing. .......so hence the Jagdpanther. I aim to leave the top plate loose and the rear plate with entry hatch, creating a one pice unit. Additionally leave the rear engine access hatch's loose. I'm hoping much will still be on view, as with the Bergepanther, being able to leave the top off as I did Upgrades at present are Voyager PE35996 Jagdpanther G2 Version Basic Set Aber's 8.8cm Two Part PAK 43/3 L/71 Barrel R-Model's Panther (late) Track's with Pins. I'm researching possibly also getting brass turned rounds by Voyager. Problem is that at this point of the war they used steel shell casings, so I'de end up painting them anyway. So might see if the kit rounds work out good enough., and paint them with Mr Color Metal burnishable steel paint. Would be nice if a company came out with metal rounds in something closer to steel. Anyway........ the big downer, I can't start it until late June into July as I'm having to totally breakdown the workbench as the room I'm in is slated for re-decorating and a re-fit......so I'll be painting something, but not in 1:35th scale Until then I'm concentrating on pottering with a few projects, and trying to finish them.......catch you all soon.
KING TIGER (LATE PRODUCTION) + UPGRADES
Redcoat2966 posted a topic in Work in Progress - ArmourAfternoon all. Finally found some time to start a new thread. Been a bit in a rut recently with many ongoing projects and hit a brick wall on a few so decided a nice simple build is in order to get back on track. Decided on a King Tiger (my first) from the stash. I chose this one as on the whole they seem to have minimal detail really, even with the PE upgrade set. Based on some research, many had little left of detail by wars end like fenders and side mudguards etc.....so going that route. Here's the kit itself..... The kit has the option to build a type with a larger gun and night vision that was never actually built......not realy one for "paper panzers" myself, so stuck with the 88mm version. Now here's an interesting point. The 88mm barrel in the kit has a larger diameter that the Voyager one in the PE upgrade set. Curious..............so thinking Voyager is more accurate, it'll be the metal upgrade one to use. Here's the PE set I went with. It's for the Tamiya/Dragon KT's....but can't imagine the Takom being that much different. And of course my favourite track upgrade option, R-Model. Can't fault these, so easy to throw together....all complete in under an hour, both sides. As you can see, the set comes with new drive wheels as in fact later KT's had more teeth and the tracks had no non guide horn links. Later models had a guide tooth on all links. I can't imagine it's too much of a stretch to say by war's end with lack of supply of parts to switch back to the earlier drive wheels and tracks.....so that's where I'm going with this one. I ploughed into the build late last week and it flew by, so haven't got many early build pics. So intend to post where I am tomorrow as I've just finished the re-texturing of the armour. Overall, there's isn't much to a KT build, very simple so a speedy build so far. Anyway, that's all for now. Cheers Simon.