Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Puss Moth'.
This was a Cierva 3-blade rotor married to the cabin of a de Havilland DH.80A Puss Moth. One was built: G-ABLM. It was later re-designated C.26 when a 2-blade rotor was installed. Does anyone have scale drawings of this aircraft? A Google search turned up many photos but no plans/drawings.
I'll freely admit, the last thing I need in terms of modeling is more Works in Progress. I must have 10 by now. Long story short, the British Bipe Triple build got boring, even though 2 of the 3 are ready for paint. I tried making a start on the Matchbox Wellesley to combat this, but then I couldn't decide which version to build. Now we're here. Recently, I purchased the Dekno Models 1/72 DH.85 and DH.87B Leopard and Hornet Moths. The former is still in the mail from Spain itself, but the latter has been sitting on the shelf for a few weeks, sitting on top of the Avi Models 1/72 DH.80A Puss Moth. Today, I decided to make a start on the DH.87B, cleaning up all of the parts that I could. I then started building the interior. Here's the (very small) box - Work begins by cleaning up the upper half of the fuselage. I've never before worked on a kit that was divided this way, but I think I understand the thought process behind this design. If the fuselage were produced like most aircraft kits are, it would be difficult to properly produce the framing between the rooftop windows. If it were up to me, I simply would have made the rooftop windows a single clear part, which would solve the problem. Perhaps there are other reasons then. For an understanding of the size of this kit, here is the upper fuselage section compared to the fuselage of a Revell 1/72 P-26. The interior of this one is understandably simple, consisting of a console on to which the two seats are mounted, a control stick, an instrument panel, and the main fuel tank. These attach to the fuselage floor, or in the case of the instrument panel, to the inside of the upper half. Belts are molded on to the seats, and look the part. The control column will likely be replaced if I can find something suitable. Then painting will begin. Before then, I'll make a start on the DH,80A and get that kit's interior ready for painting as well, as they will be the same colors. Photos of that kit should be up soon. (And to think, I could also start the Airfix Tiger Moth and Amodel DH.60 Floatplane... No, that would be too crazy.) Thanks all, Updates hopefully soon, Tweener