Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Panther A'.
I’m hoping to build a Normandy Demag Panther A early based on the “Biouze” vehicle of 2.PzD being restored by the Wheatcroft Collection (Fgst.Nr.158134). For reference, I’ve got the Research Squad books detailing the restoration, but I’m looking for some advice on decals. I need to depict the original turret number I02 (which I think is in black numbers and a white outline) overpainted with 231 (in tall white numbers). Does anyone know of any decal sets that might be suitable? I’ve looked at Archer and Star but can’t seem to find a match. I’ve resigned myself to having to hand paint the ink-pot and quill turret emblem. Thanks in advance Rog
hi Pals, For this occasion, so close to Christmas, and with the cold that it is doing (or is already doing..lol), I present a model very much in keeping with the dates we are living, it is a Panther by Italeri, a whole oldie. This is the 4th model that welcomes what I have called "Renove Plan", because I was already assembled before joining the forum, and with this if I started to take pictures, but not the process, if already finished, with the first smartphone that fell into my hands (I'm not an enthusiast of them, I prefer to modelling) ... very bad and I with very little experience of use, so the quality of the photos is quite low. This kit if I remember that it is the first one I did completely from scratch, and I have to say, that I thought it was a good kit, with more detail than I expected, even included the option to add Zimmerit, which I really liked. It is true that this kit at the time of its release, suffered from errors of accuracy, but as I had it, and it was starting, I decided to give it a try, it was also a PANTHER (I love cats and their derivatives ...lol) . The Zimmerit option was to add plastic plates, to the corresponding sides, and fortunately that was included, because without them, the union between pieces of the hull, left large gaps, quite difficult to fix, but with them on top, arranged. .. When I was picking up the hobby, my skills were in a lethargic state, I did not know very well that I was going to get out of this pile of plastic, and the means and resources I had were quite few, as I did not have pigments, washes, and so on. to do what is necessary (I would have given almost the same, because I had not used them before either). You can see that the splashes of snow are droplets of white paint, and dust and mud, what you can get with paint. In spite of everything, modestly, I was surprised, I liked it very much as it was, I did not expect it, because on several occasions, I was about to throw it away. At first, my idea was to make a tritone camo, but when I saw how I was left, AAARRRRGHHH !!!, horrible, then only Dunkelgelb, ugly, ugly ... a third attempt with Panzer Gray, and I almost got something more agreeable , and finally, why not add a little white here and another over there ... result BINGO !!!. Once with the winter camo, I began to test my skills in the new world of weathering. The final result I liked, I added some little things like the grids of the engine, and the tracks were glued with CA glue, but they ended up detaching, so I used seton to attach them to the wheels, a process that I would not like to repeat, for its difficulty and risk of breakage ... After about 3 years, I will try to improve it, only with weathering and some equipment detail, I will not play the tracks or the canyon,I think the damage would be very difficult to fix or impossible. Thanks for watching and comment as always, cheers Pals.