Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'No.6 Squadron'.
Hi all, here's the latest off the bench- Hasegawa's Tankbuster Hurricane. Picked this one up off @Julien a while back with lots of extra goodies including Mastercaster exhausts and wheels, Blackbird decals, resin 40mm's, Basic line harness and masks to which i added a Squadron vac form canopy so i could display it open. I've always wanted a tankbuster version so made up to have finished it and have it sitting proudly in the cabinet. Went with old BP188 from No.6 squadron and have shown it just back from a sortie with the gun covers shredded and oil leaking everywhere! Tried a new approach for the fabric gun covers by cutting out a couple of squared from some very thin self adhesive foil and then poking holes though and painting them. They're a touch too thick and rumpled but think they look ok. Really pleased with the paintwork, the azure blue is MRP and rest Tamiya. I tried something i'd seen someone else do on here (I'm sorry i can't remeber who!) but i copied and pulled off the scouring pad from a sponge and teased it apart to use as a highlight/distressing mask. I've got the Uschi splatter masks but think the scouring pad method is much more random and effective (plus you can bend it into those corners much more easily) so will be using this on my next build. I've definitely over weathered the reverse sides of the prop but all those forward operating strips in the desert wouldn't have done them much good I'm sure! Thanks to @Troy Smith and @pacificmustang for some guidance on a few details and for providing some inspiration! Thanks Graeme Spotted after i took this that some black pigment had made its way on to the side- luckily managed to wipe it off before it smudged in!