Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Libramodels'.
Hello all, I thought it was about time I made a start in this Group Build. Mainly because it is so warm in the model room I cannot get any painting done on my Pup or Albatros in the 'Less than a Tenner' GB. This is the kit I have decided to go with: I just love these instructions, always have, always will! The vacform sheet is quite small, but superbly moulded: There are templates on the sheet for things like undercarriage struts, main/cabane struts, tail skid etc, along with mouldings for the interior, which I will probably use as templates too. There are a few white metal bits included, for gun, wheels, engine and prop: They too look nicely cast, with only a little cleaning up to do. I have not much in the way of reference for this, so I will have to see how the gun fits, details of that are not clear in the guide, and one thread I have read ( @Brandy's) said it was offset at 30 degrees or so. I might see if I can find an un-armed option. There are three colour schemes on the transfer sheet: Again, that looks to be in good condition and has not yellowed at all. I bought the kit at a Gloucester Model Club Show a few years back, and the price label was pretty good: I have to admit I thought it was a Libramodel, not a Rare plane! However, at that price I was not going to let it go, and now it's time has arrived. Although it is very hot here at the moment, I risked starting it. One of our Club Members is Les Cooper, and he has been involved in the production of vacform models in the past, and also did a lot of test builds for the late, great Joe Chubbock who produced this kit. Les suggested an alternative way of marking up the vacform sheet before cutting it out and sanding it down. Rather than draw a line around the parts, spray it with a grey primer instead! That was so that when you cut it out and sand it down, you can see very clearly the un-sprayed section and will know when you are getting close to sanding it down to the right size. So I did: Thankfully the Halfords Grey Primer went down well and has dried very nicely, so this afternoon I can cut it out and start sanding! What a way to stay cool, man! That is it for now, more soon with luck. Ray
Hello all. Here on Britmodeller, we currently have a Group Build going on which concerns Bristol aircraft. This is my completed model of the Libramodels vacform 1/72 Bristol Scout D. During the build I found out that C's and D's could be built from the kit, and that it was a bit of a minefield working out which was which, so do not be surprised if my rendition is a hodge-podge of types. I know I made a number of mistakes during the build, which will be revealed if you look at the build thread which is here: I thoroughly enjoyed the build, and it made a nice change from the somewhat larger Felixstowe vacform I had done earlier in the year. Anyway, here are the photographs, and remember, it is a bit of a compromise on types! The clear doped linen was Humbrol 74 enamel thinned with naphtha thinners, most of the rest of the paint was Revell acrylics, and all were brush painted. Transfers were the Libramodels' own as supplied, except for the Union Jacks which were from Pegasus (but too small). Rigging was AmmoMIG 0.2mm thread. Thanks for looking, Ray