Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Gecko Models'.
Finally! Sorry for the delay, A lot happening in the 1:1 scale world. So anyway here is the end result; A summer's evening in 1945 on the banks of the River Nederrijn in the Netherlands. Captain Hartley and Corporal Atkins have finished filling up the bowser and have a couple of hours to spare. While Atkins packs up the kit Cpt Hartley takes the opportunity to do a spot of fly fishing. He always carries his kit just in case. Very convenient assignment for him. He always takes notes when he fishes and dreams of writing a book about it one day, maybe after the war. This was the inspiration (Apologies to anyone under 40 as this will mean nothing ) Boy have I enjoyed doing this. These sort of kits have so much scope for scratch building if you include the various equipment needed such as the sterilizing test kit (Not the fly fishing kit though ). This Gecko kit is superb, apart froma coiple of tricking bits with engine location and attaching the bowser to the chassis it's so detailed but not difficult to build. Moulds are crisp, mostly, and go togther perfectly. Highly recommend this and Gecko do a lot of other British wheeled vehicls. I think I'll be purchasing a few more. So here she is............ Scratch built fishing rod made from brass pipe and very fine wire. Eyelets are real and the line is threaded through. All bar the square box and notebook are 3D printed on the bonnet. If you look at the WIP there is a video showing this equipment being used. The kit rear stuff apart from the tubing is completely wrong. They didn't store their personal kit in the rear. I scratch built all the interior so that the internal doors could be open. I used AK wet effect for the water but this is before it dried properly. Not as nice as I was hoping. Pipes are solder wire. Bucket is from the bits box. Everything else is scrach. I tried to make the tank visible inside but it doesn't quite work. Oh well. Galvanising didn't turn out as well as I wanted either. Note that the pipe work is all off white rubber. Looking at all pics and videos this was the case. Note black rubber. Bit like tyres used to be. The waders are the feet from a bits box figure. The rest is foil. They are actually to right feet Other mods are replacing the front bar with brass tube, scratching the canopy frame, both canvas rolls and other odds and sods WIP is here Cheers all Andrew
Good day, colleagues and sympathizers. I present to you for a review a model from a fairly young company on the market-Gecko. A little Wiki. In 1935, the War Office issued specifications for a new 15 cwt 4x2 military truck for service in the British Army, inviting manufacturers to submit designs to participate in annual comparative tests in North Wales. One of the participants was a modification of a 2-ton rear-wheel drive Bedford Vehicles truck. After these tests, Bedford installed a larger radiator and larger tires, the tests were repeated in 1936, after which Bedford modified the chassis to increase ground clearance and installed a new engine cooling system. For the 1937 tests, a new special prototype Bedford WD-1 was made with a payload of 15 cwt, it showed excellent results, and in 1938 a 72 hp engine was installed. In the period from 1939 to 1945, Bedford produced more than 66,000 MW, the cars remained in service with Great Britain until the end of the 1950s. The model is also one of the options for using this truck - as a water carrier. Working out the model at a height. A huge pile of fine detailing, excellent reproduction of the components and assemblies of the car. The model is extremely reminiscent of the latest developments of Miniart or Bronco, but with the best quality of plastic. According to the assembly, only one moment saddened me. The convergence of the cab. And here I'm not sure if my hands are crooked or if the problem is really in the model itself. From myself - minor improvements, chains, a little internal stuff in the box of the barrel itself. I replaced the wheels with PanzerArt. The problem is that the wheels I had were not from Bedford, so I had to dig a little with the hub. Painting from the box, Normandy, 1944. The result is in front of you. Coloring - RealColor, Tamiya, Akan Oil and Pigments-Ammo and Co. Thank you all for your attention, enjoy watching!
Hi all. My first 1/35 figure, looking for a bit of a critique, hints tips and comments, very keen to improve: Should it be darker or lighter? If wondering why his bottom trouser legs are dark green and the rest of the trouser is English uniform then this is because he'll be in a diorama of the Reichwald where they had to wade through water burst from a dam and so the cloth has soaked up the water (hope it works) and therefore darkened. Found that I enjoy figures more than any other type of modelling as it really really hard! This took around 7 hours, constantly re-touching. Hard to know when to leave it alone. The face it very difficult and kept losing the mid tones. Now its up loaded in bigger pics I can already see the red hair will need a little attention, as it one flat colour. PS the belt will have a PE brass buckle added after I do the rifle. Thanks for viewing.
New Chinese company with some interesting and new subjects: http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/geckomodels.html regards, Jack