Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Fw190A-9'.
Here is a 1:48 scale Fw190 A9 that I finished quite a while ago but never posted here. It’s the old Dragon kit re-boxed by Revell. I have a few of these in the stash but had never actually built one before. Kit had the extra broad propellers and the cooling fan with extra blades as well as the A9 hood. Despite its reputation the kit went together well only the finicky fit of the nose/wings (6 parts coming together) being a bit of a challenge. Finished in the brown rather than green RLM 81 just for the pure hell of it.
This is my other Fw 190, the Fw 190A-9 of JG.301 which was found abandoned/captured at Bad Langensalza at the war end. I used the Hasegawa 1/48 kit, and combined some of the painting advice from the Eduard ProfiPack instructions. As with the A-5, I used Eduard seatbelts, Master Brass barrels and added hair antenna and toothbrush bristle 'gear down' indicators on the wings. Paints used were enamels, Humbrol, Xtracolour and White Ensign Models. I used the kit decals which I succesfully 'nuked' with MicroSol - it worked well. A nice kit to build, I made life hard for myself, but I'm happy with