Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Foil covered'.
It's odd sometimes how you select the next project to work on, isn't it?!? "Of all the kits in all the World, you walk into this...." I don't know how it works in the brain, but this reissue from 1958 is what I've started tinkering with. I've just taken delivery of a bunch of auction wins.... 2 wins comprised of 5 kits.... So I need a WIP to keep me from wandering off on some of the other delectable items. I'm planning on sticking with the kit supplied livery, G-AORG of Jersey Airlines. Should look good if I can pull it off. Here's the state of the bench currently. (I know..... ) Some work internally and preparing for the windows to go in. In the background is a pile of seats, 14 in all. I'm not a huge fan of interior furniture and stuff that can't be seen, but this thing is like a glasshouse with these big windows. If ever a plane needed some seating, it's this one! Wing root recesses are blanked off, and the front bulkhead has had an opening carved into the blank plastic. Cockpit and 2 pilots is progressing... They are basic but workable - the rest of the figures supplied are shockingly bad. And finally a couple of engine units and one of the tailplanes that I have been tinkering with.... The model is a notorious tailsitter and the scope for getting ballast up front is very limited. The supplied passenger stairs can be used to support the tail end if necessary but I want to at least try to balance things. So the nacelles have Ali tube fitted right through and the rest of the nacelle is filled with plasticine. It's not a lot, but 4 of em should be some contribution to weight up the front. The trailing edges of the wings and tailplanes are thick and blunt, and I've been trying out a method I've used before to help the situation with this elevator. I'll explain what I have done shortly. So the plan is for a straight kit build with a few improvements as I go, and nothing too radical.