Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'F-105B'.
Over the years, I've managed to find a few video snippets of the Thunderbirds flying formation in their F-105s. Longer videos of the team flying a full demonstration or even a practice session have eluded me. Does anyone know where I can find a full length video of one of the F-105 airshows. Also, can anyone point me to something other than the widely published few pictures of the Thunderbird F-105Bs?
Hi all, Another off the production line, and this time it is my conversion of a Trumpeter F-105D to a B-model, allowing me to build another test machine, F-105B-5-RE 54-0107 (the 3rd F-105B built). She is built to depict her when she was operated by the ARDC as part of the Wright Air Development Center. At that time she was used for, at least, cold weather trials in Alaska in the late 1950s, and went on to spend her entire career as a test machine, finishing her days as a preserved machine at Lackland AFB, Texas. I recorded her there during a repaint in May 1979. She is still there, as far as I know. My build WIP is here for the background on how I got to where I am now with her. What did I do/use? Well: 1. Kit – Trumpeter F-105D 1/72 and nose from Hasegawa F-105B (thanks @rossm) 2. Aftermarket – Aires seat and wheels, pitot from a Master MIG-21PF 3. Paints – All Humbrol - 27002 Polished Aluminium, 155 Insignia Red, 60 Scarlet, 3 Green, 130 Satin White (I had not Matt at the time), 140 Gull Grey, 33 Matt Black, 155 Olive Drab, 191 Chrome Steel, 121 Stone, 27003 Polished Steel, 226 Interior Green, plus ModelMaster International Orange. I have to thank @Giorgio N for his help producing the paint masks. 4. Decals – Xtradecal National insignia, a mix of kit and Microscale stencil and warning markings, Home printed the lettering and numbers (many thanks to @Rob de Bie) and the unit badges. Black walkway lining from Xtradecal. 5. Panel lining and general dirtying – Tamiya Weathering Powders and Flory Dirt. Again, like my Voodoo, I tried to dirty the NMF to show use and the grime picked up over time. Certainly there is one image on line showing her polished for an air show, but I wanted to show her as she would have been day to day. I’m not convinced that I got there, with the Flory Dirt adhering too much to the NMF in places. Unfortunately once done there is no way back other than a repaint! I guess I’m never 100% happy! I hope you like her. Certainly for any of you wanting a B-model this is an easy way to go. Martin