Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Eduard Photoetch'.
This is my 1/48 scale Royal Canadian Air Force Piasecki H21C Shawnee or more commonly known as "the Flying Banana" A couple of years ago I had a period of interest in helicopter models and I wanted to build the Flying banana because of its curious looks and the colourful Canadian scheme. This helicopter type was widely used in the 1950's by the US army, and especially at the beginning the 1960's in the Vietnam war. This chopper was introduced in the maple leaf country in 1954 and its special assignments were search and rescue missions and special tasks in the Arctic areas. Because of the winterization of the chopper it could operate in sub-zero temperatures as low as -54 degrees centigrade. I built the model from a 1/48 scale Italeri kit which was quite ok, but not reaching tamigawa quality, though. There were some fit issues and quite a bit of sink marks and some flash. The RCAF decals for the colourful helicopter are from Belcher bits and I also used an Eduard photoetch set to enhance the details.
I built this 1/35 scale Königstiger a couple of years ago from an old but a very detailed and high quality Tamiya kit. The model depicts the tank number 008 that belonged to the Kampfgruppe Peiper in the battle of the Ardennes. On December 20, 1944 the tank hit a land mine and had to be abandoned near the village of Trois Ponts. The kit was very detailed and the fit was perfect. I applied additional details to the model, e.g. Friulmodel tracks, an aluminium barrel and two photoetch detail sets from Eduard. I painted the camo with Vallejo acrylics and weathered the tank with oil colours, Mig pigments and Tamiya weathering sets.
Hi all, good afternoon. This may be my last posting for a few weeks. I have been drafted in to redesign a kitchen and produce a foam core model. You know what women are like, don't know what they want until they see it........ So I'll be knee deep in paper and board for some time. Packed my model equipment away, for hot glue gun and tape..... But before my interim distraction, thought I'd pop this up. This one was languishing for some time. May 6+ years, but as I have no painting capabilities at present I persevered and got it to virtual primer state. All I have to fit are the two tools on the front, but that were misplaced in the recent clean up. The are somewhere in a tub or box somewhere...... Overall, quite a tough one to do the PE on. Rain channels were a real tough bend. And the hinges I realised mid pint when carving off the old one's, to leave the hinge level with the door etc; or they were difficult to sit, as bending them to met the change in door to body level was near impossible. So lesson learned for the future. My mini orbital sander was a god send to remove at the moulded detail before adding the PE upgrade. Stayed with the kit barrel, and drilled it out, along with the front and rear horn. My only negative are the vision ports and their fit into the main hull - really rough, but it is a kit from the 70's so not complaining too much. Anyway, here she is until the kitchen is done.......... See you soon..... Simon.