Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'EH-101'.
Hi everyone This is my Revell 1/72 EH-101 Merlin HM.1 representing the aircraft ZH860. The Kit had incredibly good detail, it had raised rivets along the sides of the aircraft but not the top or bottom. The fit was very good and required minimal filling and sanding. I drilled small holes into the stairs (if that is what they are called) at the side to try copy how it looked in pictures. The decals where good and conformed well to the surface detail. For weathering, I used panel liner to make the rivets more visible and oil paint to add small oil leaks and exhaust stains. I also used it lo
My first KUTA group build effort, this Merlin which has been sitting 90% complete in the back of the garage for the best part of 4 years. It was already a second hand kit which I picked up at a swap meet. It's looking pretty dusty and sorry for itself. A little issue - I had no instruction sheet :-( lost somewhere over the last few years. I needed to check other builds in the forums to see where the final few bits belong, along with some advice from Troffa. Brush painted with Tamiya Acrylics, made grubby with a wash made with raw umber acrylic diluted with floor polish. WIP thread:http://www.
EH Industries EH101 G-EHIL/ZH647, C/N. 50003. Pictures mine. This the third prototype, (PP3), built in 1988 and used extensively for the civil certification flight trial and general development of the EH101 36 seat multi-purpose helicopter. Built at the Westland factory in Yeovil it first flew on 30th September 1988, powered by three 1920 shp General Electric CT97-6A engines. On completion of its test programme in February 1999 PP3 had completed 653 flying hours over 581 flights and had helped to develop the AFCS (Automatic Flight Control System) and ACSR anti-vibration systems for the EH101 p
Hi, Fist time trying to do a work in progress post. Finally managed to work out how to post photos ... don't use IE, for some reason it didn't work and after reading the help forums I tried Chrome ... worked straight away. Anyway .. this build may take some time as I want to spend time working on my weathering and detailing skills. I am happy with dry brushing using enamel and acrylic paints and currently use a weathering wash using some soft pastels dissolved in water. I would like to try clay based weathering washes and am thinking about buying some "Flory" weathering wash ... however any