Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Digital camo'.
In 2017 the Flanker returned to RIAT. With 58 Blue the Ukrainians gave the spectators an absolutely amazing display of this legend from the Cold War. The kit is the Eduard Su-27B Flanker Limited Edition, with a load of extra resin. The digital camouflage was applied with use of the Begemot masks. Not an easy thing to do and with lots of touch-ups. The build started late 2017, so it took me about 2,5 years to finish this beast.
Hi everyone this is my 1/72 Zvezda Su-57. The kit had a lot of great detail and had the option to have the flaps at the front and elevators down. I used Rc251 Dark ghost grey and Rc234 aggressor blue as the instructions weren't clear on the colours. For the camo, i printed of a picture which i resized to be the same size as the aircraft. I then placed masking tape over the picture to make a mask. The kit fitted well together without the need for a lot of filler. The only problem that i had was tht some of the panel lines needed rescribed as they were very hard to see. I found this a very challenging kit as i had never attempted a camoflage like this but i think it came out well. Thanks for looking
Hi all, this is the first project I've decided to post for some feedback, so go easy! This is the Revell F-15E Strike Eagle, but rather than doing a boring grey US one I decided to try some digital camo in a Israeli colour scheme. The camo was all painted using masks I cut out with my Silhouette Portrait die cutting machine. The weapons loadout is supposedly the same one they used on a long range precision bombing mission, I forget the name. I used as many generic decals from the kit as possible, but also custom printed the special Israeli ones. I didn't pre-shade, but base-coated in black, panel lines were done by lightly scratching the paint out with a scriber to uncover the base colour. I know some people like this kit, but I'm not a fan. There were some large gaps in the wing joins, and just behind the cockpit was a real PITA to try and smooth out. The fuselage near the back needed a lot of work and I seem to remember the conformal tanks or bomb pylons not being too friendly. I'm sorry to say I only took 3 pictures before it got smashed to bits by a camera falling on it. :-( After debating whether to bin it or not, I did some repairs to fit all the broken bits back on, the front gear had snapped so I had to drill out the leg and wire it up. The worst part was the nosecone had split down the seam that I was so proud of having made invisible, and I couldn't be bother to fix that. I also lost some of the bits from the cockpit, they just vanished in the crash. Oh well, I don't keep my models anyway, so I took it to work and it's lived up on a filling cabinet gathering dust ever since.