Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'DekLs'.
I am belatedly joining the party with a 1/72 Airfix BAE Hawk in Midnight Hawks markings. The kit is a re-boxed Red Arrows kit with Airfix club decals (which I am not using) so it is missing the weapons pylons usually seen on these Finnish Airforce Hawks. I will build it OOB and might dig into the spares to see if I can find some pylons. I started by painting the internal greys on the parts while on the sprues Because the kit had an 'aftermarket' decal sheet included the decals for the instrument panels were not included, so I had to dig into the spares to find a Red Arrows kit sheet where I was able to rob those decals for this build. The cockpit parts were assembled and decals added, I will trim the excess decal film when the decals have set. (sorry for the blurry picture!)
This is the Italeri 1/72 UH-1B dressed in DekLs delivery scheme markings. Finished in just under 2 weeks it was a nice change to build something OOB rather than my usual major kit bashing. I very different scheme for a RAAF Iroquois prior to going green.
This is the Hasegawa P-3C Orion converted to a P-3B of the Argentinian Navy. I modified it to a B model by removing the sonbuoy tubes and updating the antenna config consistent with the prototype. The HF wire antenna lines are EziLIne. I also rescribed the model. It is painted mainly in Gunze acrylics and SMS metallics and decalled with the DekLs sheet (the reverse type).
So with two helicopters finished today I was inspired by @Bell209 (Rob) to try and finished off yet another P-3 that had been sitting next to the bench for some time (so I could start another down the track ), I started it back in October 2016. Its the one on the left in this shot (yes I have more than one P-3 variant waiting to be finished!). AS you can see it was well advance, I even went tot eh trouble of rescribing it. I stalled on the masking as I usually do. And here it is tonight after some attention, the clear parts masked (yeah!) Gear doors fitted and pitot probes and weapon bay vent mast also added. I need to check refs to see if any other protrusions need to be added prior to a trip to the paint shop. These are the decals I am using.