Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Bare metal'.
I've started into the Airfix Vintage Classics kit of the Heron, and I was pretty much resigned to trying to recreate the light grey/almost metallic looking paint that appears in the photos. G-AORG is all over the net in it's modern restoration decor. Then it was pointed out that in active service, the airframe was polished metal and white fuselage top. I've found a couple of older images, one is a Mk I looking very presentable in bare metal, and some BEA aircraft that are well buffed up. But any other information or references would be great. Apparently the original Airfix box has a Decal sheet that includes wing reg and company name. These have not been applied to the restored G-AORG aircraft and, copying this, Airfix has not included these on the reissue. Any images of top or bottom of the wings with the lettering...?? And anyone got the original Airfix decals showing this feature?? I've heard the lettering described as "staggered" which may or may not mean "italics" style. A photo of the sheet or indeed a scan would be most welcome 📸👌 And are there any good WIP builds lurking in the BM archives that I can't find?
Hello Everyone Im getting stuff together for my Me.262 build entry in the Group build section. Im considering doing a captured 262 in Natural metal finish with just the putty over the seams. Something along these lines. Or more like this. Does anyone have any ideas as to the color of the putty ? And or the colors on the tail in the 2nd profile ? I am thinking RLM-02 & RLM-82 ? Any help would be appreciated and i shall thank you in advance. Dennis
Hi all. I just finished Tamiya's wonderful 1/48 P-47D. It took me less than a week to build from start to finish. Such an easy kit to build with fantastic fit and engineering. I wanted this plane to look very well used with chipped invasion stripes on wings and fuselage. I painted first it in Alclad polished aluminium and several other metal colors over black primer, masked the parts for painting, put a bit of water with a brush on the places the paint needed to be chipped and sprinkled salt on those spots. After painting the salt was wiped off and presto, chipped paint effect. The decals on the cowling went on very well with a bit of decal setting. Very fun kit to build. Thanks for watching. René.