Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'BR52'.
Found 1 result
BR 52 - Kriegsdampflokomotive 1 - 1:35 Kit
Blaubar posted a topic in Work in Progress - ArmourHi together, as I am in the middle of the build, I will post a few shots from the current progress of my build. I have been on this for the last year, on and off. In the last while I have done quite some extensive progress, but I have still not even come close to starting the interior of the cabin or so. It took me a very long time to build the tender, as I build the whole thing anew, as the Trumpeter dimensions and pars are just mostly too inaccurate, simple and wrong. I mean the kit is nice as it is, but if you want to represent a real BR 52 (war time) then the kit is more wrong than correct. Many people encountered issues and here are a few 52 builds on here, which I will have to go through later. I am curious as to the fitting of the wheels and all that, since this will be the next task. The diorama idea of the train inside a repair shack in Eberswalde in 1945 during the March defence of the schwere Panzerabwerabteilung with the 4 to 6 Waffentraeger that had been built by Feb 23 1945: The research pile: As of now the engine looks like this (it will later include a full interior, including smoke pipes, a working ash pan (already done the one for a BR 50, I yet need to build a second one for this here), tender interior, smoke box interior and much more - It is already so heavy now, I need metal axles or the thing will collapse...: A lot of sanding at kind of all parts is needed, I am doing this along the way. The smoke box got glued some time 2 weeks ago or so and the gap of the misalignes kitparts needs to be fixed, I have not tried doing that yet. I will start however, with a few progress shots from the tender. For info, ideas, hints comments, well, just punch in your stuff below, haha. The tender: Painted interior (at least the part one could theoretically see through the open repair and water hatch). The bolts and nuts yet need to be added down below. To adjust the side lengths and the wrong size of the insulation plating, I added copper plates all around. They do also allow for a better depiction of used and slightly hammered/used/bent steel plates. The tender roof tiling does now resemble this: As for the size of this thing... The in progress Waffentrager in comparison The frame was so poor, I rebuilt the whole thing. I used the brakes and the redesigned and modified lateral frame support anchors. I might use the kit wheels. Before the copper fitting I did a quick dry fitting test to take some measurements and I broke the lateral coal bunker support beam Now the tender is smashed to pieces though... I struck it with a baseball in anger a few days ago. Not sure if I can repair it... And for the lolz, a parked Sonderanhaender in the coal bunker, a long time ago though... Will do an engine update, of the modifications needed and problems with the kit later, if people are interested. Now on to read your stuff on here. /Stefan