Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Airfix F-51'.
A long and painful build, mostly self inflicted but at long last , its finished. Learnt a lot about spraying yellow, using superglue as a filler, the Airfix P-51 canopy challenge and how to mask a .5mm black stripe on a propeller (hint: use a decal unless you're me). As usual my canopy looks like its been painted by a six inch wide brush wielded by a blind troll. Pretty much lost the ol' mojo for 2 months but it seems to have nipped back chipper as ever. At some point I will replace the canopy with a one piece version from my pile of Hasegawa P-51s so you can see the beautiful Yahu IP. Build
Oops, I had completely forgotten where this Group Build was and the revised Web Site had left me scratching my head a bit. Anyway, having removed the splinters, I thought I had better report something. My model is the Airfix F-51 1/72 model which, fortuitously, includes the correct propeller for FAR 400. Thus far I have completed the interior buttoned up the fuselage and added the wings. As I write this, a few coats of primer/filler have been applied to the nose in order to allow me to 'remove' the seam line.