Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'ATST'.
This one was from the bay. Missing a foot, so less than eight quid. Just in my price range! I made two new feet using parts of pencil sharpeners and added different sensors to them. The kit (snap fit) got modded into a proper Desert Walker with extra cooling gear at the back and more stowage. There are other mods too, I'll leave spotting them to the Star wars rivet counters. It wasn't until I started the weathering that I spotted moulded in circlips on the top inner sides of the legs! The desert sand colour doesn't show up so well in this picture. The garden looks nice though. Spot the extra greeblies. I've added lots of little bits that should be on one of these but weren't there on the snap fit kit. Here it is with another snap fit that I went bonkers on some years ago. You can see how the feet differ. 3 - 2 - 1 - Go! Back inside and the colour comes through. I've weathered it fairly heavily. Them Deserts is rough, you know! See, filthy! The Tatooine jetwash is coned off for maintenance. Left foot forward. See the holes on the spring on that front sensor? Fuse wire and PVA. The holes developed on their own. But shows wear and tear on the spring cover so I left them as is. A 1/35th bottle crate became smoke grenades. The colour seems to have changed again, but, here we see a unit marking, the concussion weapon and streaks of muck. The handrail around the top is small splitpins and wire. I still don't know how the crew is supposed to get in and out of this thing! And there we are. There is a WIP if you would like to see more. https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235128275-chicken-walker-altered-state/ Thanks for looking in and your comments are always welcome. A special thanks to those who sent me boxes of bits to use as greeblies. Can't do this stuff without you Guys! Cheers, Pete
Hi,here's my Bandai at-st i built about June last year. Its a snap together build,but i did glue it! I built the whole thing unpainted, except the cockpit interior,airbrushed matt black, then airbrushed matt white in places to give some shading. Gave it a Tamiya matt grey(sorry,can't remember what colour grey!) top coat. Ak pigments,engine grime,light rust pigment,sponge chipping,and burnt umber oil paint for some rust stains. The cockpit and pilots, i had a few not so sharp pictures from the web from the empire strikes back movie,to get an idea of the colour layout,but as the at-st is fictional,a bit of creative license was used in the colours! I did add a set of harnesses made from kitchen foil and attached them to a wire frame i fitted. I didn't glue the roof,as i didn't want to spend loads of time and effort, only to cover it up! Lol! The stand,i masked off where the feet sit,put pva glue on and spread some modelling grass/foliage i got off ebay,Serious Play the name on the packaging. It had just the right amount of grass,sticks and twigs to give it that 'forest floor' look! I managed to find a case for it,despite its shape/dimensions! Ive got,waiting in the wings,2 more bandai kits,the 1/72 tie fighter and 1/12 stormtrooper, looking forward to those! Thanks all for looking:-)
Hi all, Posted my Snowspeeder earlier and it was quite a painless experience so thought I would post this. I'm new to the hobby and still learning but this is probably my favourite build so far. It was painted with Vallejo paints and weathered with acrylics as the Bandai plastic does not like oils and enamels. However oils were used to create the rust stains. Hope you like! Thanks for the look, sorry about photo quality, they were taken on my phone!
Hey all, I have been trying something new - well for me anyway - AndyRM101 will probably see his influence here - a real blast to finish a model in a week compared to the usual 6 months. Groundwork yet to come - I am scultping an ewok which (if it turns out OK) will be hiding in a hollow log - otherwise it gets some flat swampy terrain. Super kit - I used very little glue. Dry fitting is a problem - you struggle to get some parts apart again. Cheers. Paul