Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'A39'.
I've really enjoyed doing this one. Very nice model to make. Other than the fiddley running gear everything is a breeze. Even the tracks are fine since they are huge! I wanted to show this thing off with some sort of purpose since the only pics are the test P1-P6 ones which were pared down with little in the way of gear on the outside. The experimental element of this kit was the camo netting which sort of went how I wanted it to and I must give a big thanks to @Das Abteilung for the donation of the scrim and also inspiration from his build. I thought I'd add a few bits to the back and made a crate for all the gear. All bar the jerry cans and flimsies are scratch built. The two straps on the rear near side and jerry are scratch plus a few other bits and bobs and I added the aftermarket side loading hatch. Taking inspiration from how Churchills were in WW2 I removed the central track covers and replaced with wire mesh. As in keeping with British armour of the time I also added a mantel cover which I think finishes her of nicely. There are a few pics of one of the actual test units sporting a cover so.... This was also my first go with dry decals from Archer. I have to say I'm a fan. Oh and a first serious go ate brush chipping. I went a little over the top but with most things modelling I soon realised that less is more. I'm rather chuffed with myself on the restrained mud weathering. Well done me Set in about 1948 this little cutie would prowling around the German - Polish border looking for anything big and Russian! The crew have a keen sense of irony and conscious that this is a bit of a big girl so she needed a little help in the wardrobe department in the way of Camo netting. I think she looks pretty suitably intimidating And for size comparison!! The WIP is here - Thanks for looking all Andrew