Search the Community
Showing results for tags '800'.
I built this on and off for about a year, with extensive pauses because of unforeseen circumstances and health issues. Eventually got it done though, and then found out about a local modeling exhibition and entered it. You can see the build thread here, although most of the decaling process is not very well covered. I managed to put the left side windows onto the right and vice versa, which led to some pretty extreme moving around and cutting out of windows to save the build. A few of decals, especially parts of the thin red cheatline, refused to stay put, which warranted the use of diluted PVA glue to keep them in place. Metallic leading edge decals on the tail and horizontal stabilizers went on fine, but the first one I tried to apply to the wing (there are two massive one and two small ones per wing, I tried one of the big ones) crumpled up and partially disintegrated almost immediately. I ended up masking off and drybrushing all of the leading edges on the wings and winglets. The winglets, by the way, were left uncorrected, as I didn't want to overcomplicate my first (proper) build. Here are the photos: The modeling exhibition I mentioned earlier - Mini MAKS 2016 (MAKS being the bi-annual airshow which happens just outside Moscow) - ended two days ago, and it turns out that my 737 got 3rd place in the under-18s category. I was quite happy about that, especially considering that the prize was two new airliner models. Having never applied so many decals on such a large plane (my actual first model was a Zvezda 1:200 Ju-52 with, like, five decals), I had no idea how to make them set properly. This led to quite a lot of decal silvering. I have no idea how to prevent this in the future, so...any advice?
This is my first WIP post here on Britmodeller, and the second model I am building. I have decided that I will be building D-ABBG, an Airberlin 737-86J, serial number 32918. It is currently in storage and has been re-registered as SU-TMG, ready to be delivered to a new Egyptian airline, FlyEgypt, also known as T1 Airlines. Anyway, here are what I have found (while lurking on Britmodeller without an account) to be the normal 'introduction images' (sorry for the size): The box is new and shiny as I bought this kit in Vienna just a few weeks ago and it has not had time to become bent and ruined. Three sprues, two with the fuselage and other parts and one with aerodynamic bits, plus a clear sprue with the canopy and landing lights. Everything is moulded very very well, lots of beautiful detail and there is no warping (expectable since the kit is so new).