Search the Community
Showing results for tags '738'.
This is my first WIP post here on Britmodeller, and the second model I am building. I have decided that I will be building D-ABBG, an Airberlin 737-86J, serial number 32918. It is currently in storage and has been re-registered as SU-TMG, ready to be delivered to a new Egyptian airline, FlyEgypt, also known as T1 Airlines. Anyway, here are what I have found (while lurking on Britmodeller without an account) to be the normal 'introduction images' (sorry for the size): The box is new and shiny as I bought this kit in Vienna just a few weeks ago and it has not had time to become bent and ruined. Three sprues, two with the fuselage and other parts and one with aerodynamic bits, plus a clear sprue with the canopy and landing lights. Everything is moulded very very well, lots of beautiful detail and there is no warping (expectable since the kit is so new).
Hello everyone, This is my first building report on this forum. I am building the standard Revell Boeing 737-800, but with the quite extraordinary 'Flying 101' paint scheme from Kulula, a South African airline. I will fill and remove the panel lines on the fuselage as an experiment to see if that looks good, and maybe I will draw some of them back on with a pencil after painting. I'll leave the lines on the wings as they are, though. The winglets in Revell's kit are horrible, but I have not used aftermarket replacements. I simply made them a bit slimmer and didn't heighten them. I am also aware that the cabin windows are molded too low on the fuselage, but I like to leave the windows open instead of filling them so I'll just have to accept that. Now for my work so far: With a few layers of primer... I think I'll do it again with grey primer to get an even colour, and then with white again. I put some pieces of stretched sprue in the back of the engine to make it a bit less empty and monotone. And I also filed the fins on the sides of the engine to make them thinner