Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

garcor

Members
  • Content Count

    30
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

125 Excellent

About garcor

  • Rank
    Newbie

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://
  • ICQ
    0

Profile Information

  • Location
    Waterford Ireland
  1. Hi Everyone, This is a recent build of mine, Eduard's Spitfire finished using Montex masks. Vallejo paints used throughout, even for the panel wash. Its a very nice kit to build .... All the best Gary
  2. Hi Ivan, Lovely finish on the Tornado, What paints did you use? I am planning a similar build in the future, Cheers Gary
  3. garcor

    Hasegawa F-4F ICE 1/48

    Cheers everyone, Really appreciate the lovely comments. I cant resist building F-4s, gotta love the Spooks! All the best Gary
  4. Hello everyone, Finished this recently its Hasegawa's 1/48 F-4F finished as one of the Luftwaffe ICE Phantoms. I used Aeromaster decals for the data blocks and sections from a cutting edge sheet for the unit markings. A pair of verlinden ejection seats and an eduard cockpit set finished the inside Paints from Vallejo the Aim120 came from a Tamiya F-16 Happy sticking, Gary
  5. garcor

    airfix 1/48 Gnat XR991

    Very Nice !
  6. garcor

    Eduard 1/48 P-39N

    Cheers everyone, Apologies for the late reply, The cockpit was oob the instrument panel is the decal as supplied by eduard. I used a good bit of Micro sol/ set to get it to snuggle down on to the Instrument Panel. Thanks again Gary
  7. Hello everybody, This is Eduard’s 1/48 P-39N weekend edition. Finished using airbrushed Vallejo acrylic paints. Seatbelts from masking tape and aerial wire from ezline. No problems with this kit went together with no fuss, I am in the process of changing over to acrylic paints and find the painting process a lot faster…. All the best, Gary
  8. garcor

    RNZAF Corsair NZ5272

    Cheers all, Alan I had seen that pic but stuck with Hannants instructions, In the same picture you linked it looks like the fuselage under the cockpit was also touched up (intermediate blue?) and possibly the aft section of the wings, now that's mixing up some more colours.... mmmmm Thanks again Gary
  9. garcor

    AC-130 1/48

    Hi everybody, Many thanks for your comments, Firstly yep it is a big beast as you can see scaled to the Tamiya 1/48 F-16.. My display cabinet is recessed into the wall, the advantages of a self build house! As for the Iranian F-4 , I thought I posted it here around 2011 but am not able to find it so will post a few pics over the weekend. Thanks again & Happy sticking Gary
  10. garcor

    RNZAF Corsair NZ5272

    Thanks all, The Xtradecals as always were a pleasure to work with. Its nice to get a different scheme every now and again. Happy modelling Gary
  11. Hello everybody, Finished as NZ5272 a RNZAF corsair that was made up from 2 damaged aircraft. Decals from Hannants own range Xtradecals. All the best... Gary
  12. garcor

    tamiya 1/48 J1N1 Gekko

    Wow! Stunning
  13. Hello again, This is Eduards Boxing of the Heller 1/48 Mirage 2000N. Finished with Humbrol paint topside camo is free hand airbrushed. Oh the drop tank, in case you are wondering, I found a pic of a desert mirage on the internet with what looked like a repair section or repainted section of the drop tank and decided to copy it….. The markings are for Red Flag exercise 2004. All the best & happy new year Gary
  14. Hello again, I finished this one last year (2013) Italeri 1/48 out of the box. Paints are humbrol, using a badger150 airbrush. All painting done freehand Just to scale it and prove it hasn’t shrunk .. that’s a Tamiya 1/48 F-16 beside it. And where he will be happily displayed, see room for at least one more, ….. Happy sticking, Gary
  15. Hello, Been a long time since I posted here, These 2 are my most recent completions. First up is the Trumpeter kit, main wheels changed for resin aftermarket set, area by exhaust corrected with plastic card and filler. Colour scheme based on early bay of pigs Cuban Sea Fury (based on one of the profiles in the Squadron series of books.) I changed the Airframe number but the rest of the markings follow the profile. Next up, Hobbycraft with (what was left of !) PP Aerokits aftermarket set, replacement vacform canopy and metal undercarriage And finally both together, I originally started the Hobbycraft/ PPaerokits Sea Fury back in '95 but got overwhelmed and put it away. I found it a while ago but the canopy, some of the undercarriage, weapons and other fiddly bits were missing so I used what was left to finish it off, All the best, Gary
×