Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


rav last won the day on September 29 2014

rav had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

698 Excellent

1 Follower

About rav

  • Rank
    New Member
  • Birthday 03/20/1973

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ
  • Skype

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Wroclaw, Poland

Recent Profile Visitors

1,414 profile views
  1. The only prototype of PZL P.6, the first radial-engined gull wing fighter designed by Zygmunt Puławski. Pilot: Bolesław Orliński, who was the PZL company test pilot. In late summer 1931 he displayed the P.6 at National Air Races in Cleveland, USA. The PZL P.6 was destroyed just a month later in an accident but it became predecessor of famous line of Polish gull wing fighters. Kit: Arma-Hobby (1/72). My first resin build.
  2. Thank you. Yes. All the family of gull wing fighters (except for some prototypes) had the corrugations on wings and tailplanes.
  3. Thank you! You are much more forgiving than our colleagues on the other forums... Definitely not. Actually it was the worst I had on my stash when I grabbed it to build. The others are two RS Models and one AZ Models. HB has simple cockpit with a canopy lacking its frames (I used Techmod mask to paint them but the result is not perfect). It also had no bands along the wing chord. I chose the HB kit just because I wanted to test Hataka paint set for French aircraft and to train my freehand painting skills. HB is good enough for such tests.
  4. I glued a plastic tube for propeller axis set in front of the fuselage. It is carefully positioned to keep the axis straight. The hole in front fuselage remains empty until the end of build. It can be used for a stick to handle the model for painting. I replaced the propeller's axis with a brass tube, about an inch long. Then I put it into a slightly wider and shorter brass tube. The axis can rotate in the outer tube and the length gives stability. The protruding rear end of the axis got a short piece of brass tube glued to prevent it from falling out. This makes a set that can be inserted into the hole in fuselage. This approach has some advantages: - I can mount the propeller at the very end of the build; - The propeller can rotate very easily and without any wobbling; - No problems with geometry. During the photo session it is enough to gently blow into the propeller to get a realistic prop blur on the photo. No Photoshop needed.
  5. Yes, I have built 24 First to Fight kits and I like all of them. They are easy to build, fit perfectly and are pretty accurate regarding the simple design. Sure - some fenders could be thinner and tanks wheels and tracks could be more accurate (and they are in the recent PzIIID) but still the build is a nice experience.
  6. This is Techmod set. I have modified the Polish insignia with transparent red paint on the red squares.
  7. This is the first model I painted with Hataka paints. C011 Light Polish Khaki and C036 Light Blue-Grey from orange set HTK-CS01 "Polish Air Force Paint Set". I'm hery happy with these paints. I feel no difference to Gunze Mr.Colors I'm used to but the Hataka need no or very little thinner before use.
  8. PZL P.11a of the 112 Eskadra Myśliwska (Fighter Squadron), Zaborów airfield near Warsaw, September 1939. The aircraft was damaged in air combat and then destroyed by Poles before being captured by Germans. The kit: IBG 1/72.
  9. http://www.armahobby.com/category/aircraft-models-hurricane
  • Create New...