Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

depressed lemur

Members
  • Content Count

    1,076
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

860 Excellent

About depressed lemur

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Manchester

Recent Profile Visitors

4,572 profile views
  1. Thanks for the kind comments peeps, with a little more time this could turn into a really good result. I have three in the stash and a hankering for a decal set to give me a few variations. For anyone trying this I would say that paying attention to the instructions is essential as there are alternate parts and panel lines need filling for the Blue Angel markings. Speaking of which, these were amazingly thin and stuck to the first bit of kit they touched. Moving them into position was a task in itself. Definitely worth a try.
  2. Okay, here is mine. Academy F/A-18A Blue Angels boxing. I like to push myself on these things so went for the superhero option. Single sitting stopping only to pander to the need to eat and sleep, total time 24 hours and 2 minutes. So, not a superhero. Apart from the fuselage which is made up of and amazing 10 pieces alone the kit went together rather well. i am glad I have a few more of these in the stash as I now feel the need to make one at a more sedate pace and give it the attention it deserves. Main paint colours Tamiya Royal Blue and Mr Hobby RLM04 as I did not want to try fighting the decals which looked like being a nightmare. Photos below. Thanks for looking
  3. The colour looked very dark inside, so I thought I would take one outside and what a difference decent lighting makes.
  4. Finished Start time was 11:55 Finish time was 11:57. I failed
  5. Masking off Not too much touching up needed. Onwards to midday
  6. The blue is on, but I am not happy with the finish. Initially it spattered so I thinned it down which affected the coverage. Unfortunately I also ran out, so not going to be my best result currently she is sitting in the window hoping to dry out to get some decals on before the end of play. Brew time.
  7. One marathon masking session later Tape has been sealed with yellow. Now, finally to apply blue. Only two hours ish to go. This is going to be tight.
  8. Good morning everyone out there in Britmodeller World, may your scalpel ever be sharp. It is a beautiful morning with the sun streaming through the window onto a cluttered workbench, signalling the start of the mad dash to meet the deadline. The part count has diminished considerably which is a good thing. Now I need to mask the yellow on this thing before going mad with blue. Should be fun. Later dudes.
  9. The time is 20:49. This first session has lasted nearly 9 hours and has been a bit of a trek. The air frame is mostly complete and resplendent in a coat of yellow appendages. I have decided not to use the decals as they would not work well at the tips, requiring a touch up and I do not think that I could match the paint so this is going to be masked tomorrow. Tonight is going to be painting up the undercarriage ready for the final sprint to the finish at 12 tomorrow. Last time I had a relaxing 6 minutes spare so I have a target to beat. Thanks for looking.
  10. Unfortunately I was so hungry I forgot to take a photo of my dinner, so you will have to make to with a dinner wip. This turned out to be Cumberland Pie.. Back in the real world, the base coat has now gone on, and I am taking a short break before adding Yellow. Along with
  11. Thanks Parabat. 15:55 update. There has been some filling and sanding going on in the Lemur base. I don't really have the time to let this set properly so we are winging it a little. Here is where we are 3 hours in. Next up was to eliminate the mould seam down the middle of the canopy. I know there are different approaches to this, but this is my method. First of all, carefully remove the mould seam. I use a small metal file and a very light touch until it looks like this. Next I use my wife's nail polishes on the rough side to smooth things out to this point. Next up, the smooth side with a firm application to polish smooth to this. Finally, a quick application of Klear and I am happy. A slight break is in order to nip to the offy for a four pack as no work tomorrow.
  12. Opening the box reveals that there are plenty of parts to knock together. Starting with the cockpit I didn't quite spend the time I wanted to on it, but it appears ok. Then there is the start of the fuselage build. These four bits make up the front end. Very fiddly and in need of three hands at least. Fortunately the fit was good if you take your time. Next up, four bits for the top. The inserts for the chines are a bit vague but still went in easily enough. Two more bits And I am getting sick of multi part fuselage. Next up is the seemingly obligatory shot of the result of knocking over the Extra Thin. Followed by where I got up to before abandoning the area to clear fumes. This seems like a good time to ingest calories. Time is 13:36 and I have a headache.
  13. Picked up 4 of these a couple of years ago at Telford. Kick off time is some time tomorrow. I am waiting for a delivery some time between 8 and 1 so starting time is unknown
×
×
  • Create New...