Jump to content

Threadbear

Members
  • Posts

    604
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Threadbear

  • Birthday 02/06/1967

Contact Methods

  • MSN
    threadbear12
  • Yahoo
    gbredbere

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    South East Kent
  • Interests
    WWII 1/48 Fighters, Armour WWII & Cold War

Recent Profile Visitors

2,580 profile views

Threadbear's Achievements

Obsessed Member

Obsessed Member (4/9)

611

Reputation

  1. Having built the Bronco Comet kit when it first came out and making a reasonable job of it apart from the tracks, I welcome this kit from Tamiya.
  2. In the stash I have ADGZ Steyr, Skkfz 232 6 rad, M3 Scout Car, M8 Greyhound, M20 Scout Car, Staghound, Humber Scout Car, Daimler Dingo, and M3 Halftrack. Also a BRDM-2 and a Gaz Tiger.
  3. Having to calling it a day to with the M3 Grant CDL too.
  4. I may potentially go with a Royal Canadian Navy Hawker Sea Fury. There are several examples from 1952 on Fundekals sheet on the subject.
  5. Wonderful work on your M4 and figures, looks far bigger than it actually is. Well done.
  6. What kind of tracks are you after for Apache? Would be a shame for this project to stall at this stage?
  7. going to try and recover, keep plodding on. Your right. I should know better. Its mainly slap dash modelling on my part. Trying to get something finished before the end of the day.
  8. Well I haven`t added much to this build for a while so here it goes. I added the upper hull to the lower hull and all went fine until i tried to the part B19 in front of the main gun, well it doesn`t fit! I had to do some cutting and filing to get it to fit in place. Then some sanding. My own fault! Then had some filling to do when the upper hull meets the FDA bolt strip. I then added some rivets along the hull sponsons where the M3 Grant stowage boxes would have been, Placed a piece of Value Gear stowage to check for size. I then added the rear Verlinden stowage boxes on the rear of the hull and glued in place using Roket Hot superglue and disaster struck! A whole load of it run down the back plate. Again my carelessness! Bit of a mixed bag this week. A coat of paint has covered up the glue but it wasn`t ideal.
  9. Great piece of modelling and how you went about converting Tamiyas M4 into an A2 using Dragon parts. Been considering this route as well
  10. Would love one of those M4 (105)s. Used by the Poles and Kiwis in Italy!
  11. Yes I was surprised at how the exhausts looked! Obviously will be mostly hidden when the upper hull goes on, hopefully tomorrow.
  12. Sprayed the rear of the Grant with AK olive drab primer. Followed by Ammo 625 olive drab base, idlers in 626 and drybrushed with olive drab highlights. Old rust and mahogany on the exhausts with a light dusting of gun metal pigments. I can move crack on with the rest of the hull and turret. Like to thank @Scargsy for the decals. And the wedding is back on for next month! Thanks for looking
  13. Thank you for an impressive collection of work and sharing with us. I was surprised to see on your spreadsheet the use of raised arm return rollers albeit not than common! Downloaded and thank you. Grahame
  14. Nice work on this Takom CDL. I’m doing the much much older more basic Tamiya Grant with an old Verlinden conversion.
×
×
  • Create New...