Jump to content

Bughunter

Members
  • Content Count

    199
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Bughunter last won the day on March 15 2019

Bughunter had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,611 Excellent

3 Followers

About Bughunter

  • Rank
    New Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Germany

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thank you all fro your nice comments! I have done this on my recent models, after replacing nearly always the struts with metal or wood, depending on original aircraft. It increases the robustness a lot which is needed for safe transport with car to exhibitions (I hope this pandemic times are over soon!). On this particular model it was even more important due to very filigree kit parts. Some of them was already broken on sprue Ok, the WNW Halberstadt is a nice kit, but the detailing not on that level. Cheers, Frank
  2. Only a small update. After loooooong time this one has now the right labels on the airscrew - now it has a face Cheers, Frank
  3. Some of the details. To see more I recommended to visit the build report: https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=11824.0 Cheers, Frank
  4. Halberstadt CL.II This is the Schlachtflieger Halberstadt CL.II in 1/48, a Mirage kit with add-ons and a lot of scratch work. This is one of my models with bigger effort due to decals and the complicated paint job. The kit provide a great level of detail with many parts, but some of them has a bad fit. Since I was not able to work with the kit decals I cut masks (with Silhouette plotter) and airbrushed most of the markings. There are two variants of decals for the fuselage mottling in the kit, but I followed the recommendation by WNW and airbrushed the fuselage wit
  5. The year 2020 was my most productive year, with eight models finished. Have fun! Cheers, Frank Sopwith Schneider, Special Hobby 1/48 https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235068539-sopwith-schneider-monaco-schnieder-cup-winner-1914-148/ Benz Motorwagen 1886, ICM 1/24 https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235069792-benz-motorwagen-1886-icm-124 Sopwith Dolphin, Copper State Models1/48 https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235073
  6. Thank you all! Just checked, despite the inscription "Limited Edition" on the box, the kit is still available. And the result is outstanding! It will look better with "Garuda" labels on it, but the ones I have in stash are to big. Will try to get smaller ones. Hope for a more normal next year for all of you Cheers, Frank
  7. Thank you very much for your kind comments. Highly appreciated! Regarding the base I must admit, that I bought it as base for pictures, since my models are shown in a glass cabinet with light from below and above. I selected the autumn version because the colors looked real. Cheers, Frank
  8. I really like the used look! The outdoor pictures are fantastic. One day I will also build a four-blade SE.5a from the Royal kit, in addition to my finished night fighter. Cheers, Frank
  9. Thank you very much! I forgot to mention: As reference I used the Windsock Mini Datafile 11 and an article in Windsock International Vol.4 Nr.4. I can show also some detail pictures The engine The rotary has enough space in a new brass cowling turned on lathe. The Garuda air screw. And the interesting side view of the layers: The seat was soldered using Connecto crosses. The axle was done with brazing suspension holders. Also a metal, wood and paper undercarriage,
  10. Fokker D.V Today I finished a Fokker D.V in 1/48 made from a Special Hobby Limited Edition kit. I replaced a lot of kit parts which can be seen in detail in a build report. The struts and gear are metal, partly with wooden add on. The Oberursel rotary is a Small Stuff resin one, the turnbuckles are made by Gaspatch, seat belts are HGW and the Spandau gun is from Master. The Garuda air screw is sanded from a glued veneer block.The model was painted with Alclad primer and metal paints, Gunze and Drooling Bulldog paints and streaking and weathering was done with oil paints.
  11. Thank you all for you fantastic feedback, my work compared with Fabergé egg and art! There are detailed build logs of the Schneider and Lebed (Tabloid) on forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com. But it sound like, that you already found them Cheers, Frank
  12. Thank you P! A complete scratch work would be a nice experience, but ... I have so many nice kits in my stash that I need all the seven lives of a cat to build them. Since I guess that a full scratch work takes more time I prefer to work away a number of kits. If those are done, I can continue with your suggestion. I even own a lot of resin kits and haven't built one of them yet. This will be a special experience. It's a real pity that I can't get to anything at the moment. Cheers, Frank
  13. Thank you Gary! I would like to mention that my kit contained a real wooden fuselage. Some review showed a resin one, but I got wood: It was predrilled and hardened inside on the thin front part: I don't know how to get a wooden or resin kit if prefered since this is not mentioned outside. Cheers, Frank
  14. Thank you! I managed again to convert a somehow easy kit with not so many parts into a big effort scratch affair. But it was worth it and gives the first aircraft ever to reach 200,8km/h (200km in 59min45sec) a place of honour in my showcase. On the other hand my masterpiece are other models with more effort spent. Cheers, Frank
×
×
  • Create New...