Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Bughunter last won the day on March 15 2019

Bughunter had the most liked content!


Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Bughunter's Achievements

Established Member

Established Member (3/9)



  1. Thanks! I must admit that this is an advantage of building WWI biplanes normally. There you often need wood simulated with paint, so I'm practiced enough at that task. Cheers, Frank
  2. Thank you very much for your kind words! 2020 I was able to finish the double amount of 2021, so I hope to be able to come back to this rate 2022. Cheers, Frank
  3. Thank you very much! As long I'm not responsible for this decision all is ok Cheers, Frank
  4. The cowlings are turned from aluminium on my lathe and are polished afterwards. Rubber polishing sticks helps for small pattern. Cheers, Frank
  5. Hello, 2021 I finished only 4 projects, but all of them caused more effort as one was a Mirage kit and the other three resin kits with a lot of scratched additions! All of them are WWI related and in scale 1/48. But it was somehow a successful year of modeling because I learned a lot! And the latest Aviatik is the most realistic model I have ever built! Halberstadt CL.II, Mirage Hobby https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235090837-schlachtflieger-halberstadt-clii-mirage-148/ Wight Quadruplane, SPIN Models https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235093742-wight-quadruplane-148-spin-models/ Kondor D.2, SPIN Models https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235097389-kondor-d2-spin-models-148-update-new-outdoor-pics/ Aviatik 30.40, Alliance Models https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235102060-aviatik-3040-148/ Thanks! Cheers, Frank
  6. Just let me add, that I won a Gold medal with this model during the "Austrian Model Masters" in October 2021, beside my biplanes. I was particularly pleased about that because it was off my normal topic That was great to had a real live show with real people again Cheers, Frank
  7. Thank you for the pointer to my model, but if one don't have the machines for the metal work then your model is a good guide to follow for a nice final result! Cheers, Frank
  8. Another thank you Wayne, I added a list of my builds to the About Me page and the signature according to your example. Cheers, Frank
  9. Thank you all for your fantastic feedback! Highly appreciated! Thanks! I try to come closer with every model to my signature, but I assume that I will never be reach the goal completely. So there is always a room for improvement. Wayne, I have to thank you for showing your build here, as it makes me aware of this type and kit! I think I need to deal with the new Eduard Camel kit because I got that as a gift. And this type is still missing in my Sopwith collection. Cheers, Frank
  10. Thank you very much for your kind comments, highly appreciated! I started beginning of September, so you can count the hours until now But of course I had also some sleep, a family trip and other real life things. But yes, the effort was huge! I'm not sure, but this manufacturer is may be out of business now. As usual Scalemates helps: https://www.scalemates.com/brands/alliance-models--1026 Cheers, Frank
  11. Thank you very much! There is only short note, that due to promising performance recorded during trials in July and August 1918 it was proposed for production. Sorry, but as stated in the headline the model is 1/48. But also in that scale not easy.
  12. Eggs, we need more eggs Great collection! I have only the F-35 finished, and that is not a real egg ... Cheers, Frank
  13. Thank you very much! It looks realistic because of the real materials. I'm not able to paint polished aluminium that realistic, so I turned the cowling on my lathe and used also for the other panels real alu plates. I polished them with a rubber polishing stick in my Proxxon drill. Cheers, Frank
  14. And some Details: More here: https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=12483.0 Cheers, Frank
  15. Aviatik 30.40 Today I can show the most light weight fighter of the Austria-Hungary: the Aviatik 30.40 with an empty weight of 366 and fully loaded 586kg. It was developed to use the planned production in Steyr of powerful 11-cylinder Le Rhone rotary engines with up to 160hp. Only 35 engines of 150 planned was delivered, and there was a shortage of Voltol oil not delivered by Germany as expected. So only a prototype was build and flight tested and no serial production was started. My reference was the very nice book "Austro-Hungarian Army Aircraft of World War One". This build promised a quick progress with not many parts in the box, but it converted again into a huge scratch build with using some kit parts. The engine was reworked with parts from Small Stuff, the spoke wheels was a completely new experience for me, all the struts and undercarriage are new from brass and all the front panels are polished aluminium. Some parts like airscrew, tailskid, fuselage undersurface and some parts in the cockpit I made from real wood. Additional accessories are Gaspatch turnbuckles, HGW seat belts, PE from Eduard and Parts. Apropos Gaspatch: This prototyp was unarmed, but had the Schwarzlose MG mounts. On my model you can put on Gaspatch Schwarzlose MGs of course For the painting I used Alclad, Gunze, MRP and oil paints. Decals are not used, the cutting plotter had a lot to do. No, these were not new reference pictures! You may know the Fokker E.V as small aircraft, the Aviatik is smaller in all dimensions: And finally original versus forgery: I hope you like this little aircraft! Cheers, Frank
  • Create New...