Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Daniel Cox

Gold Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

243 Excellent

About Daniel Cox

  • Rank
  • Birthday 07/09/1971

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Sydney, New South Wales
  • Interests
    Women, painting and photography.

Recent Profile Visitors

3,481 profile views
  1. Freeman claims the visit of 41-36963 was for tactical and technical evaluative purposes. Plus was also used as an opportunity to attempt to mislead the Germans into thinking that deployment of the type was imminent.
  2. The answer is yes, enlarge the picture which is 2400 pixels wide and you will see the strip placement.
  3. The first Boeing B-29 Superfortress to reach Great Britain was YB-29 41-36963, which arrived during March 1944 and left for the United States early in May 1944. "Boeing B-29 SUPERFORTRESS Had the war in Europe continued into the summer and autumn of 1945, it was planned that nine B-29 groups would be based in the UK. This was to be achieved by converting groups in the 2nd Division from the B-24. At the close of 1944 it was expected that this would take place between June and September, although lengthening of runways at suitable bases had yet to be put in hand. Boscombe Down was proposed as the location of a conversion and training establishment. The plan was apparently abandoned in February 1945." 1 1 Freeman, Roger A. The Mighty Eight, War Manual, Arms and Armour, London, 1991. 205. Print.
  4. Type B and Type A (only the Anson top wings are visible) with as it turns out one instance of an Anson with the red removed from the top wing, yet it retains the red white and blue fin flash.
  5. If anyone is wondering what's going on with the tail of T4924/A19-5, the following from NAA: A705, 150/4/2111 Technical Order - Publication of Beaufighter - Instruction No 6 will explain.
  6. Here is the front end of T4924/A19-5 on 20 July 1942.
  7. All Bristol Beaufighter, Douglas Boston and Avro Anson aircraft as captured by Sydney Morning Herald photographer, F J Halmarick on 20 July 1942 at Richmond, feature the red circle in the national marking roundels on under wing surfaces and fuselages. Elton Marsden's recollections at least with respect to marking modifications are erroneous in light of the fact that all 19 of Halmarick's negatives and the 2 envelopes they came, all show 20 July 1942 as the capture date ("20th July 1942" on the envelopes and "20.7.42" on the negatives).
  8. Hi All, Here is a picture of T4924/A19-5 of 30 Sqn RAAF, as captured by F J Halmarick on 20 July 1942 at Richmond, New South Wales, Australia. Plus T4916 of 235 Sqn RAF as captured by ? on ? at ?, England. Cheers, Daniel.
  9. Nice build Tony, According to Roger A. Freeman the H2S conversion you are depicting, was also applied to the following USAAF B-17F's from 813BS of the 482nd BG. 42-5793 PC-M - Crashed 10 November 1943 42-5909 PC-N - MIA 4 February 1944 42-3398 PC-Q 42-5819 PC-R 42-3357 PC-S - MIA 8 February 1944 42-5970 PC-T 42-30731 PC-U 42-30729 PC-V Cheers, Daniel.
  10. Hi Latinbear, Red Dot and Jinxman, Thanks I'm glad you liked my pictures. As to that Meteor shot, it is cropped equally and insignificantly on all edges (it's almost exactly what I saw through the full-frame viewfinder), only because I subtly skewed the horizon while panning (handheld). Cheers, Daniel.
  11. Hi All, Since it has been a long time, for your interest here are some more of my aeroplane pictures. Cold Light 2016 Steam comes off the radiators as a custom built water spray system cools them. All while Alex Allum an Aircraft Engineer of the Temora Aviation Museum, waits for Doug Hamilton to bring the museum's Spitfire VIII to a stop. Vickers-Supermarine Spitfire HFVIII; MV239, A58-758, VH-HET of the Temora Aviation Museum as flown by Doug Hamilton of the Temora Historic Flight Club, on Saturday 20 August 2016 at Temora, New South Wales, Australia. Untitled, 2016 Taylorcraft Auster Mk IIIF; 11784, NJ820, A11-33, VH-BDM of Allan Harding as flown by Scott Taberner of the Temora Historic Flight Club, on Saturday 16 April 2016 at Temora, New South Wales, Australia. Kittyhawk, 2014 Curtiss P-40N-1-CU Kittyhawk; 28449, 42-104687, NZ3125, VH-ZOC of Arthur Pipe & Steel Australia Pty Ltd as flown by Allan Arthur of the Temora Historic Flight Club, on Saturday 6 December 2014 at Temora, New South Wales, Australia. Untitled, 2014 Vickers-Supermarine Spitfire LFVXVI; TB863, VH-XVI of the Temora Aviation Museum on Saturday 1 February 2014 at Temora, New South Wales, Australia. Meteor, 2014 Gloster Meteor F8; VZ467, VH-MBX of the Temora Aviation Museum as flown by Alan Clements of the Temora Historic Flight Club, on Saturday 6 September 2014 at Temora, New South Wales, Australia. Cheers, Daniel. All Copyright ©2014-2016 Daniel Cox
  12. Hi Rick, The following images should answer your question. Cheers, Daniel.
  13. Hi again Steve, The late Edgar Brooks posted this and although it shows the earlier radar installation associated with the Mk III Swordfish, the position of the boxes within the cockpit resemble the installation found on the Mk II Swordfish. Cheers, Daniel.
  14. Hi Dave, It was the Mk III that had the additional cockpit fairing with windows that covered the receiver unit. Cheers, Daniel.
  • Create New...