Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Goji308

  • Birthday 11/04/1969

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Bay Area, CA United States
  • Interests
    Guitar, Photography, rockets, Uboats, & bikes

Recent Profile Visitors

419 profile views

Goji308's Achievements

New Member

New Member (2/9)



  1. Sorry for the late reply and I hope this helps. I just saw your post. First I applied a sealer to the wood with a disposable brush and let it dry for a day. I airbrushed the deck a dull primer black. I basically masked off little features like hatches, etc and light sanded partially through the black primer. I tried to imagine where foot traffic might be and sanded there. I then added grime around the gun, a touch of salt here and there, and a little rust around the tower feature, railings, etc. Basically trying to tie it all together hoping the effort would add to my story.
  2. Wishing you the best during your build. Glad to see that it has begun.
  3. Very well done, very clean &crisp. I really like what you have done here.
  4. Very Well done with a powerful story & purpose. Thank you for posting and sharing.
  5. What a very interesting model. I love the work you put into this kit. Your attention to detail is incredible.
  6. Thank you guys for the kind compliments. I appreciate them. Brian
  7. What a fun build. I enjoyed the kit. Overall the kit was pretty straight forward and well designed. I deviated from the plan a tad here and there. I upgraded the weapons on the conning tower and main deck gun. Most of the features in the conning tower I replaced with 3-d printed parts for a little more detail. I used a nautilus laser engraved wood deck that really spoke volumes and added to the overall build. Without further rambling here is my interpretation of the U-82 U-boat. Here is a link to the “ build “if you care to follow my building process. https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235099254-revell-uboat-viic-“wolf-pack”-05015-172/ Thank you for looking and commenting. Goji/ Brian if you would like to see more detailed (closeups) photos of this uboat I have more on my personal website: https://www.briankirkseyphoto.com/Unlisted/n-D5NHZc/Revell-U-82-U-boat-172-custom-build If you would like to read more about the interesting U-82 visit www.uboat.net. https://uboat.net/boats/u82.htm
  8. Lanmi, keep up the great work. Your efforts paid off and your project looks solid. I hope we see future builds from you too.
  9. Well I was on a roll the other evening and I pretty much finished the U-boat. I added the decal and weathered it just a tad. I added the cables, aerials, and aerial insulators. With a brush and a little paint I touched up a random rogue spot or two. I was going to add additional weathering to blend the deck with the hull but then decided not too. I think the weathering is close enough to the heavy weathering I had in mind for this build. Once you go to far I hear it’s tough to go back. Thank you for tagging along my adventure and commenting on the way. I learned a lot with this build (2nd) as I did with my last one, my first. There were several first time moments during this build that I was able to learn and grasp on the fly. A few new tools, oil paints, techniques with oils, masking a camouflage pattern, building a Photo Etch/ resin gun, and adding a real wooden deck to this model. Thanks again for the company. I will add more pictures in the “ ready for inspection” Area. Link below. Ready for inspection link: (more photos)
  10. Well it looks like this Uboat is just about complete. I finished most of the details. The wooden deck is now in place permanently. Deck rails have been installed. I did use the stock rails but in the future I will try to make my own using a smaller diameter rod. I am in the process of painting the isolators for the cables. The one decal (two tone shield ) for the U-82 insignia is now on the tower. After a light coat of matte varnish I will weather it tying into the existing weathering. I added a light wash to the main 8.8cm deck gun for a little detail and contrast. It was looking a little dry and light. A little more to come.
  11. The wood deck is pretty flat so I attempted to add some wood rails around the main deck adding detail and texture. I imagine in most sea conditions at night firing that weapon could be pretty squirley. I believe that’s why they had raised rails to position your feet against for stability. I used .015” styrene sheet and a caliper to size a series of strips. I airbrushed the strips flat black and touched them up after I glued them in place. I scaled the pattern from the existing pattern of the the stock plastic supplied deck. I installed the wintergarten permanently to the aft deck of the conning tower.
  12. I have completed the flak30 machine gun on the wintergarten. I have added a small magnet so the assembly is removable while I continue to work in the conning tower. The completed 8.8 gun was a little tricky to mask as I airbrushed the base colors on it then eventually touched it up with a paintbrush. Here is the picture I used as inspiration for my deck gun. In hind sight I could have used a darker grey for more contrast Out of the many pictures of the deck gun I found this one unique with two merchant vessels painted on the side of the 8.8cm deck gun. I am not a huge fan of how the horseshoe life flotation device looks on the side of the conning tower. I know they are only on display while their at port. I wanted to add the mounts to the conning tower. Instead of trying to make the hook and pots with paper and CA, I decided to modify the stock flotation device and make my parts out of it. I used a .030 drill to make the pot look like a cup. Below in the picture you can see the hardware I am trying to make and represent Left of the vents. (The hook & pots) Chop chop I added the hook and pots to both sides
  • Create New...