Jump to content

Watto64

Members
  • Content Count

    29
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

113 Excellent

About Watto64

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday 05/26/1964

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Thornton-Cleveleys
  • Interests
    WW2 North African campaign, red wine, real ale

Recent Profile Visitors

181 profile views
  1. My humble offering of the Tamiya 1/35 M3 Grant Mk 1, made OOB. Main issue with this was the tracks supplied but as the replacement Bronco tracks cost more than the kit, I stuck with the kit ones. My first attempt at using an airbrush on this build, using Humbrol Matt 103 as the base coat. Wash using AK Enamel Wash and a mix of Vallejo pigments for the finish. I've gone for a dusty/sand weathering on this one, as I hope the pictures show. Critique/comments from
  2. What a good idea!! Will try that one I think
  3. So the build is complete but not fully weathered and worn. This was my first attempt at using my new spray gun - thanks to Amazon Prime deals on that one. I had previously used rattle cans on my 2 previous DAK outings - had to say that I did feel a tad apprehensive at first but after practising on some plasticard it wasn't that bad at all. Applied a dark wash around all the rivets and hatches etc Applied mix of Vallejo Pigments to the suspension following a coating of thinners Had to apply putty to a small gap (well it was actually
  4. Thanks......stil finding my feet coming back to the fold.
  5. Starting a new build from the stash - this one courtesy of my good lady of the Christmas list! This time it's an old kit, the Tamiya 1/35 M3 Grant I'm aiming to build this as T-24210, as indicated below The OOB decals provide for this, however the above picture does not appear to show any squadron markings on the turret. Anyway, the running gear went together very easily and the rear panel I'll keep ya posted on developments!
  6. My first showing of a completed build!!! (Be gentle with me out there!). I've only returned to the hobby after a break of 40+ years so am learning all new techniques as I go along.......my figure painting certainly needs improvement!!! So here is my examples of a OOB build of the Tamiya 1/35 Sd.Kfz.222 and Horch 4x41a. Both were sprayed using a Tamiya TS-3 rattle can. I've now invested in a spray gun (Amazon Black Friday deal!), so my next build will be finished using that, but need to practice first before letting myself loose on a build.
  7. Great build. I've put the Tamiya 1/35 version on my Santa wish list.
  8. Well here goes, my first attempt at a diorama ( I know, I know, there is a separate area for this on the site but just wanted for now, to throw this out there for the armour guys to see!!!) The base was made from a 10mm MDF sheet covered with filler, then covered in different types of sand, (a fine sand and a rough sand with some small 'rocks') with the addition of some scenic shrubbery. The 2 models are both Tamiya 1/35 models - the Sd.kfz 222 and the Horch 4x41a,both pretty much OOB (I'm still a newbie coming back to this). The Ho
  9. I've caught up a bit (started a new job so a slight hiatus in the build process) - finished with only the etched mesh to apply to the turret, which I'm going to apply once I've weathered. A Applied an AK DAK wash as a first pass. Will need a little more weathering yet before this goes on full display!
  10. Build now finished (apart from the photo etch - bending this into an open position is going to be a challenge to my new skill set!!! ) So got to finish the paint job, touch up a few mistakes and then weather the little beastie.
  11. Trying to fit this build in around working from home.... ........body and wheels assembled and initial coat of Desert Yellow applied. I decided to go with having one of the hatch doors open....cut off the hinges from the hatch and glued separately to hull, then glued the hatch
  12. Yes the barrel was one of the photo etch parts in the box. As I'm still picking up the reins again, my builds are going to be OOB. Learning the dark arts of washes, weathering and pigments is enough Although I do intend to add some of my own extras to this baby.....I've been practising making tarps out of 2 ply tissue and they have come out reasonably well and also was going to try and make some 'packs' from 2 part epoxy.
  13. Todays progress...... .....kwk30 done (looking at it reminded of Star Wars, don't know why) Dry run of hull, turret and Kwk together....looking ready for full assembly
  14. Base and chassis completed and primed Top hull and wheels primed Next step is to assemble gun - aiming to to do this tomorrow when she who must be obeyed is at work!!
×
×
  • Create New...