Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Torbjörn Hanö

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

115 Excellent

About Torbjörn Hanö

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Well, thank you! I've built almost every aircraft there is to build, so I have to broaden my horizon.
  2. Thank you! It's fun to venture out of the box sometimes.
  3. Thank, it was a real pleasure to build and paint. I'm building more of these in the future, no doubt.
  4. Thanks! Showing your work in a forum makes you, at least me, try to raise the bar. Which is a good thing. /T Thanks!
  5. So, I’ve finally put all the pieces together. First some interior detail that will be hard to take pics of after the final assembly. I realise I need a new lens for my Nikon, I can't come close enough with the ones I have, and the deapth of field isn't good enough. This is the ceiling, in an ugly yellow hue, which I simply love! Who wouldn’t want to tag the inside of the tram? Notice the small light bulbs, a very nice touch from MiniArt! The hand railing (or bar or whatever it might be called) is made of a styrene rod, as cleaning up the kit parts would take hours and I would still end up with broken plastic parts. And here she is, in all her ragged glory. I’m quite pleased! Not always does the result come close to what you wanted when you planned it. At times I thought I should have got the opaque decals for the graffiti, but these look more weathered and victims to the elements. Crisp colours would probably have stood out too much, so in the end I’m glad I picked these transparent ones. Actually, it’s with some sadness I finish this kit, because it’s been great fun. Normally I want to get on to the next project, so much that I sometimes skip the final touches on a kit. Quite good is good enough sometimes. This time I miss the kit already. Fortunately, I’ve got some new projects lined up, I just can’t decide on which one to pick. The Sopwith Triplane from WNW? Or a fast and easy build as the WWII U.S. Tractor from Airfix? A Silver Spit from the Tamiya 1/32 kit? So many kits, so little time ... In the meantime, keep out of trouble, stay away from viruses and may all your kits come together effortlessly. Till next time /T
  6. Excuse a newbie if this is out of place, but you can follow my build here:
  7. Some progress. I've weathered the tram with some oils and watercolour on the windows. The bars on the inside of the doors were very, very difficult to clean up without breaking them. Some were already broken on the sprues. I replaced them with 0.75 mm rods, painted matt aluminium. Then I put on some graffitti decals from Uschi van der Rosten, the semitransparent set, and they behaved very well. They went down perfectly with Micro Sol. I sealed them with a thin coat of Mission Models semi gloss coat. Next up is some dusting with MM Transparent dust and some more oils, followed by some more graffitti, probably mostly tags.
  8. The body assembled, weathered with some oils. Ready for graffitti decals. The cabin, a little less weathered as it's not as exposed to weather as the cargo deck. Decal for the speedometer (or whatever it is) from the spares box. And a broken window looks the part, I think. The roof ready for the rest of the parts, but those have to wait until I get the roof in place. I think that can be a bit fiddly. I've tried dry fitting it, and there is some resistance, so I won't press down on it until it's ready for the final assembly. And some stuff that's supposed to be out under the front and the ... eh, front. The bolts will be painted in some rusted metal colour. Stay tuned! All the best, and stay healthy, please. /T
  9. So this is my new project. My plan is to make it a bit battered and neglected, though still in use. Full of graffiti in several layers, so weathering, graffiti decals, weathering and more decals, and finally the last weathering. Let’s see if I can stay the course or jump on another project prematurely. Here’s the progress so far. I primed the under carriage with track primer, then added some rust colours from Vallejos rust set. Next step was some hairspray followed by an off black mix based on Tamiya’s flat black. Tamiya’s paints are the only ones I’ve used that behave the way I want them when using the hairspray technique. The wooden floors were painted by using oils, followed by heavily thinned Tamiya transparent orange in the cabins, and orange and smoke for the loading area, which ought to be more battered and worn. Subsequent weathering will follow.
  10. A great kit, very fun to build, and makes a nice show piece. Be careful when you put the wheels together. I obviously made some mistake so there is a small gap between the spokes and the hub.
  11. I really enjoyed it! Great fit, well thought through construction wise. You can see the interior if you pose hatches open, so you can go to town with painting the interior. Quite a lot of fiddly PE, but I skipped some of it. The wheels can be a challenge if you want them at different heights and not all horisontal. Happy modelling! /T
  12. A very fun build now completed. Hope you like how it turned out. Stay healthy and cool out there. /T
  • Create New...